• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

DGCR Meet up - Minnesota 2024 - July 13th/14th

I'm coming in on I-94 from Fargo so I'll be going right through Saint Cloud. Anything in the area that you think is playable I will pay though, driving 20 hours don't care about another 2 or whatever. I have to play MDL (*edit* with @wolfhaley and @playrecords hopefully) at some point on this trip for sure.

Be sure to stop in at Jamestown Reservoir on your way over. Ass kicker of a course and nobody talks about it because, well, North Dakota.

@elmexdela thought we were just soft like baby thighs when I told him about it. He can attest that it's legit since playing it.

This is a must play as well. There's also this one there too, which we haven't played.

I've got in on my schedule, but I'm not planning on camping. I'll be up there one of the two days, and will probably be available the early part of the next week for rounds in the TC area.

I'm similar to NaeNae, likely at CE on one day (no camping) and available to play in TC either preceding or following that weekend.

We'll be at Chain's Edge on Saturday the 13th. On Sunday we're going to playing the Breezy Point courses and whatnot and heading up to Duluth. That's was my understanding at least.

Be sure to stop in at Jamestown Reservoir on your way over. Ass kicker of a course and nobody talks about it because, well, North Dakota.

The Course in Jamestown was made like one in Fargo because area used to have some kind of housing, apartments or trailer park in area and area floods very frequently, just not as much flooding as Fargo course.

@elmexdela thought we were just soft like baby thighs when I told him about it. He can attest that it's legit since playing it.

This is a must play as well. There's also this one there too, which we haven't played.

can confirm jamestown whooped my ass i was surprised

If passing through South Dakota, stop for Tuthill park an amazing shorter course, one I have yet to play in Black Hills called The Canyons, and a 9 hill in Canastoga state park an amazing course I have played 2 imes once when 4x4 posts and second time was when Innova 24 or 26 chain set baskets were insalled as well as 9 hole Omaha Park in Rapid City from 1978/1979 where practice basket might still be an OG home made rebar 1980 model with rest old original Discraft Chainstar from Jackson park where the people who did work on both will try to convince you is Mach VI old cage as what people were told for Omaha from Jackson park. Also, 1 mile from Omaha is Jackson Park now using modern Mach VI baskets with tall cage.

Is "The Canyons" Spearfish Canyon? What is Canastoga State Park? I've never heard of it. I'm going to the Black Hills next weekend and am hoping to play some of the odds and ends courses out there. Have played all the popular ones.

Will be traveling across Nebraska for the bachelor party. There's plenty of small town 9s to keep me occupied for awhile there.

Is "The Canyons" Spearfish Canyon? What is Canastoga State Park? I've never heard of it. I'm going to the Black Hills next weekend and am hoping to play some of the odds and ends courses out there. Have played all the popular ones.

Will be traveling across Nebraska for the bachelor party. There's plenty of small town 9s to keep me occupied for awhile there.
Yes, for first as most call it The Canyons in state so I called it his by mistake.

I meant Angostura State Rec area, I will fix post and is tough 9 hole because of having to look for discs on a course with tall grasses and is a par 36 where a long 536 foot hole is a par 4. Cool Views are why people play course.

Also Play Black Hills State where one hole is a 600 foot par 5 hole using practice football/soccer field area you clear and on one PDGA sanctioned tournament course to raising funds for Spearfish Canyon had all of field marked up for practice was OB. Now also is a Cener of USA if including Alaska and Hawaii worth skipping as is so flat and boring 9 hole where only 90% of year is 30+ MPH winds as only challenge near Bell Fouche.

Do not skip Omaha/Jackson Park area as courses are well one Omaha a 9 hole was first in as a post course in 1977/1978 and a odd home built basket course in 1980 unil 2010s when swapped out for OG Discraft Chainstar being passed off as old low cage Mach VI from Jackson and play Jackson because on some holes course is kind of cut off in woods and hard for some people who only play open wind courses. Hole 13 has Blue and Black Hills Spruce on either side where is my favorite hole becuse of said trees mainly Black Hills Spruce.

I meant Angostura State Rec area, I will fix post and is tough 9 hole because of having to look for discs on a course with tall grasses and is a par 36 where a long 536 foot hole is a par 4. Cool Views are why people play course.

Angostura is indeed a pretty course. Good call Casey. We played this after playing Pageant Hill and were not disappointed. The golf isn't the greatest but damn is that a pretty course. Be sure to bring some OS discs too because that wind is no joke off the lake ;)

@mndiscg Don't play Douglas Schools Disc Golf Arboretum. That course is terrible. Unless you're some sort of filthy course bagger or something :p

Angostura is indeed a pretty course. Good call Casey. We played this after playing Pageant Hill and were not disappointed. The golf isn't the greatest but damn is that a pretty course. Be sure to bring some OS discs too because that wind is no joke off the lake ;)

@mndiscg Don't play Douglas Schools Disc Golf Arboretum. That course is terrible. Unless you're some sort of filthy course bagger or something :p
I live in Pierre and in 2016 was playing in wind so high a warning came out saying winds were steady 35--40 mph/56--40 Kph and gusts up to 50+ mph/80 Kph where I was playing and I finally broke in an around 175 gram Star Shark as putter where disc had up to 1/2 inch or 1 cm in flashing where sanding made issue worse with small sharp mini flashing and could finally be used after 9 of 18 holes use as I intended for approach as well as windy putts as even my Pro Shark around 175 grams was not beefy enough. I have discs for massive wind like a Champion Destroyer 167 grams and a 170 gram I also use for spike shots, then for my fairway distance use an around 171--172 gram Stalker one currently in bag as all mistake backups are around 170--172 grams and my midrange used for my midrange distance is a Shark 3 Champion with a few backups. I even have a 0 glide 166 gram Champion Archon for when winds are so bad I should no longer be playing or for when I need a Valkyrie line on a super windy day.

How I played in 2008 when Angostura was being built and only OS disc in bag was a XL in ESP and Z is beyond me. In 2009 when we played again I may have had my first beefy 170 gram Champion Destroyer, not second later more usable Champion Destroyer 166--167 gram one from 2014. XL is very similar flight and feel as a modern Athena only XL mold had a beefier parting line, Athena was made for Paul McBeth as the XL lower rim part of mold broke or more likely wore out right as Paul and Paul joined team so XL discs were hard to find.

Latest posts