• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Form Check Diary ✅

Cinderblock - if starting from hershyzer you need to windup more before starting forward move. Bend knees and hips turning your butt further back and bringing your head further back. Try to keep your rear toes on the block after stride and planting.

Double Dragon - looks flat footed and feet spinning out. Need your feet more plantar flexed and toes digging into the ground to resist them spinning.

Throws stride looking better with feet closer together. Your shoulders are rather flat/ horizontal, so you could coil more vertical.
Throws stride looking better with feet closer does that mean smaller stride from north to south or less room between feet from west to east during stride?

Cinderblock - if starting from hershyzer you need to windup more before starting forward move. Bend knees and hips turning your butt further back and bringing your head further back. Try to keep your rear toes on the block after stride and planting.

Double Dragon - looks flat footed and feet spinning out. Need your feet more plantar flexed and toes digging into the ground to resist them spinning.

Throws stride looking better with feet closer together. Your shoulders are rather flat/ horizontal, so you could coil more vertical.
Maybe a slight kickback in the windup on the cinderblocks to help him connect it to DD?

Had a couple DD "discoveries" the past few days I thought I'd pass along in case it causes anything to "click" for @Kjimsern. I am continuing to do it daily to get more reliably athletic on my feet as part of my rest days.

Day 1: got more on balls of my feet, move felt uncertain, noticed that my knees (plica) were a little irritated going each way w/ the lateral part of the move. I think that's part of why my brain resists getting more athletic.

Day 2: same approach, move already felt more stable, knees already less cranky. Balance was adjusting.

Day 3: added more momentum, no noticeable knee issues, starting to feel more comfortable with momentum. Definitely easier to get more plantar flexed. Something still seemed missing.

Day 4: read @sidewinder22's comment about toes digging into the ground. This AM paid more attention to my toes. I was on the balls of my feet/plantar flexed, but toes weren't really helping grip the ground like they do when walking. As soon as I changed it, it made my whole move more robust, quicker, more stable, and my legs felt like they do when I'm boxing. Athletic and strong but quicker and springier. Had trouble keeping it going each way with the arms moving at first so I backed up to Can Can drill and really focused on letting toes grab the ground and whole body moving with lots of momentum. Legs got more stable and momentum and "X-factor" improved. Was able to sustain better in DD right after exaggerating toes grabbing ground with Can Can and letting my body get coiled up by leg momentum each way.

Suggestion: if the North-South balance is challenging and body isn't taking the hint, take arms out of it with Can Can & fix the legs in balance, then add arms again.

Alright, so i tried all the new changes

Good thing is that the stride with less room from east-west is something me and @sidewinder22 have emailed eachother on before but ive just lost it somewhere in the process, so doing that again is a easy change. Just have to make sure it sticks and it seems like it gives me the right position on the femur hips in stride and more armspeed. ( shoots are going a little more to the right)

The DD on the toes was hard the first 20 minutes and then it became a little better, gonna need more practice on that.

Cinderblock drill i managed to stay on the toes on the block while throwing, im not sure what it does but it looks better.

I tried to add more sidebend and coil on the last throw, ive worked on that before also so it shouldnt be to bad for me to fix.

I realised that ive worked on so much that some of the things ive implemented in the past has dissapeared.

Ive organized the things i need to work on a word file to keep things under control.

Also sidequestion.

I changed my x-step a little to get more buttwipe.

Its tighter then before, knees are closer to eachother.

@sidewinder22 you talked before about trying to get rear foot more east during x-step.

I had that a few weeks ago before i changed it to be tighter.

Was that a bad move from my part then?

Here is before and after

White shirt is after and black shirt is before

Attachments

• IMG_9036.jpeg
    IMG_9036.jpeg
    837.8 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_9035.jpeg
    IMG_9035.jpeg
    748.6 KB · Views: 0
You should feel your hamstring being stretched in the kick with extended foot/leg at the top. You look like you are trying to kick down a door with a front kick, rather than kicking a soccer/football.
Screen Shot 2024-05-28 at 3.18.03 AM.png

I dont know if im doing the coil and sidebend better here, but im throwing further with bending over like you guys suggested, no doubt.

Can anyone confirm if this is in the right direction?

The x-step i easily changed back to, so that ive fixed already( it was already ingrained)

The double dragon was hard with straight leg so im gonna need more practice.

I was wondering about something.

This guy throws really far , i noticed he has the arm motion like AB, he is like rounding the arm and then lets it extend in a straight line after plant.

Im wondering if thats something that gives alot of distance or if its just the fact that his crush the can is really good and he could do it with a straight arm reachback like mine.

My question is, is there any benefits to it?

@sidewinder22
@Brychanus

It's an inside-out backswing or figure 8 looping motion. Creates more taut tension(less slack) and change of direction/acceleration. PP Lauri loop.png

Field update, i tried the lauri motion and my normal one, witch is more like kuoksa/eagle ish.

I did 200 throws/100 each no distance improvement, so im gonna stick to my normal reachback.

I also would like to add that i think double dragon is making me plant with straighter leg and more flatt footed, is this good or bad?

Here is a video.

White is after double dragons and blue is ages ago

Another update, been doing whip steps drill and i keep getting a straighter and tougher brace. ( still have a little more work to do there )

The double dragon i think is also making me getting the left arm to be alot more fluid and i noticed its changed it into bigwigs left arm style by itself. ( ive tried 7 different forms, just ask sidewinder..). But this came naturally by doing drills and to be honest, it feels really fast and the sound i make when i release the disc is different.

If i keep going with these drills i have a feeling the balance and spine tilt will be better with time so i dont have to stress and force it as much as i thought.

Here is a comparison for left arm, it was just random that i saw it was much alike ( this is not something i forced)