• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

New Year's Day

We host an Ice Bowl style Ace Run event as a fundraiser for the local beginner course every year on New Years. We gimmick up the holes (via allowing hole sponsors to design the hole and add to it) and donate all the proceeds back into course improvements. Really fun event and the community seems to usually show out for it. So I end up playing every year on New Year's day by default.

We host an Ice Bowl style Ace Run event as a fundraiser for the local beginner course every year on New Years. We gimmick up the holes (via allowing hole sponsors to design the hole and add to it) and donate all the proceeds back into course improvements. Really fun event and the community seems to usually show out for it. So I end up playing every year on New Year's day by default.
Now that just sounds fun fun fun!!!

It is winter here in Michigan. I am retired...so everyday is a Saturday. My decision is generally weather dependent, this time of the year. Big wind, rain and deep snow will keep me off the course. New Years Day???.....just another Saturday.

When I lived in MA I'd go to the opening day New Year's event almost every year out at Maple Hill. I usually try to play New Year's.

Latest posts