• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Innova] The Innova It

I've thrown a couple G* ITs. Crappy, crappy mold. Horrible hand feel. Stupid, chunky convex rim.

The disc flies as bad as it looks. Even starting IT steeply hyzer the disc turns and burns almost instantly. The IT must be for really soft throwers. Anything over 300' and this thing is going off the reservation.

Anyone who throws the IT would be way better off with a Leopard or TL.

IT: 6, 5, -4, 1. Way too flippy to do anything with. Slow, awful flying disc. I can't fathom why Innova released this thing.

Uhh, I mean, it was GStar, and reading your other posts... I don't think you're the target audience sir.

A heavier champion IT has a very consistent, controllable under stable flight for me. But I'm probably only pushing it around 325'.

In my experience, premium leopards and TLs are nice, but they are much more stable than an IT. And it's nice to have flippy fairways for many arm speeds.

I've thrown a couple G* ITs. Crappy, crappy mold. Horrible hand feel. Stupid, chunky convex rim.

The disc flies as bad as it looks. Even starting IT steeply hyzer the disc turns and burns almost instantly. The IT must be for really soft throwers. Anything over 300' and this thing is going off the reservation.

IT: 6, 5, -4, 1. Way too flippy to do anything with. Slow, awful flying disc. I can't fathom why Innova released this thing.
Yes, a g-star It is a completely different disc than its counterparts, and far more touchy and I agree with you on the -4 part. Once you get past that, and learn what you have. It can go far, and do things a leopard can't and it is also a swiss army knife. Because it's a great get out of jail roller disc.

This is going to be a solid woods disc for me. I get some decent (for me) distance and once I get some more throws with it I'll be able to dial some nice lines with it I think. I have zero use for 12 speed and up drivers personally. It's nice that Innova is still coming out with molds that'll work for the majority of players. Pretty smart actually. I will NOT be testing out any Princes, Generals or Time Lapses :cool:

Tried a few searches and came up goose eegs.

First saw this at DGC. Fairway driver 7 6 -2 1.

Got mine in the mail today, G-star, and it sports quite the dome. The rim is Leopardesque, almost feels like a mid.

Anyone throw one yet?

PS: feel free to prerube me if I missed something. Just looking for opinions.

There are a lot of fairways coming out of Sweden that look similar to this disc.
I threw an IT for a little while but now prefer a Discraft Sting (Titanium or Z plastic) and Axiom Rhythm (Neutron plastic) way more. Def recommend trying them out.

I concur. Do not like the IT at all. Don't like the feel or the flight. I think mine is a DX, not G*, but super under stable, and I can't get predictable flights from it. I love my Axiom Crave for a 6/5, though obviously not nearly as under stable. Also, I threw a buddy's Hex the other day, 5/5/-1/1 I think? So straight, smooth - I ordered one that night. Goes further for me than the IT, straight to slightly under stable, way more predictable than the IT, great feel - can't wait to get mine!

Feel like G* might be only useful in cold/icy conditions throwing standstills. DX/Champ/Star blends are stiffer and will roll a bit more consistently. My DX IT is a lot of fun to try unique roller lines with. Champ/Star are better flying but need some height on them to utilize the turn that holds to the end of flight. Max weight for all of them.
I concur. Do not like the IT at all. Don't like the feel or the flight. I think mine is a DX, not G*, but super under stable, and I can't get predictable flights from it. I love my Axiom Crave for a 6/5, though obviously not nearly as under stable. Also, I threw a buddy's Hex the other day, 5/5/-1/1 I think? So straight, smooth - I ordered one that night. Goes further for me than the IT, straight to slightly under stable, way more predictable than the IT, great feel - can't wait to get mine!
thanks for the Hex review :LOL:

Probably just a utility/fun disc for most players, some courses might call for a roller or need to scramble/shot shape around big obstacles from standstills.

Innova has also released these in Halo Star, MF Champ Glow, and MF Champ for CFR/TFR program over the past year plus the Orange Star Halloween Werewolf run. Probably not much different flight than the stock Champ/Star but maybe some folks have tried them. F2s for Halo/MF Champ are available on Factory Store.