• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Additional 9 is moving along!

Dfitz

I just wanted a follow up on the previous post from a couple months ago, we now have 15 completed holes!!! Our back 9 plays completely different from the first 9 that was installed in 2007. the original 9 have some rough reviews on here and rightly so, they play very close to little league ballfields and a skate park, which make it practically unplayable when games or practices are happening. So we located the new 9 out from all of that and used the land features and it has turned out great!! We have 3 baskets left to install for a complete 18 holes, and we will get them in July when Grant money becomes available. We did settle with Lightning db-5 baskets to match the originals, thanks for anyone that gave suggestions they really helped in the process. I added a couple pictures and one is from our hole 12 that has one of the prettiest 360 views in our county.

Do the Lightning DB5s still have rough welds? It was a long time ago, over ten years, but those things used to take chunks out of my putters.

Do the Lightning DB5s still have rough welds? It was a long time ago, over ten years, but those things used to take chunks out of my putters.

I bought a DB-5 last year for my back yard. My practice putters aren't really in any different condition than my primary playing putter. The galvanized surface does seem a little rougher than the local park baskets, so maybe a little bit more wear would be expected? But I haven't seen anything major.

Not sure if that answers your question, but I could take some close up pics if you want.

Also, what course is this, @DFitz?

I can't say that I have noticed any more amount of wear on my discs, the baskets are rough from the galvanized dip. We went with these to match the others that were installed in 2007. And from the way they have held up, if these are half as good the Town will be happy. The course is Ralph Dean Park, in Luray Va. If you read the reviews for the 9 that has been there they are pretty rough and we are trying to change that. Once we finish the new 9 holes we are going back and revisiting the first 9 and going to try to reposition them so it plays safer! The back 9 plays completely different from the front, much more elevation changes and distances. And great views of our county from everywhere in the park!

Latest posts