• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Critters on the course you ran into...

Once I saw a groundhog sleeping soundly on an asphalt driveway. I thought it was dead but it woke and ran off at the last second.

I found this gopher sitting in the driveway heading into Heritage Trails. He didn't seem to want to move so left him be.View attachment 341248
This is not a "gopher" 'round these parts. Interesting how different parts of the country have new and unique fauna. One of my great joys of playing the game around our nation!!

This is a gopher in this neck of the woods. [Michigan]

striped gopher.jpeg

This is not a "gopher" 'round these parts. Interesting how different parts of the country have new and unique fauna. One of my great joys of playing the game around our nation!!

This is a gopher in this neck of the woods. [Michigan]

View attachment 341278
I've always called those critters "ground squirrels".

The pic Mocheez posted looks like my mental image of a gopher (which is courtesy of Caddyshack).

I've always called those critters "ground squirrels".

The pic Mocheez posted looks like my mental image of a gopher (which is courtesy of Caddyshack).
Lol.....throw these little vermin into the mix and we will never understand each other.

chipmunk.jpeg

LMAO.....I posted this as DC was posting his chippy comment. The first pic is indeed a striped gopher, the second a chipmunk [the bane of my backyard ecosystem]

People baggin courses in the southeast might want to think twice before reaching into murky water to retrieve discs. Gators can mistake a moving hand for a fish and...🤯

Suddenly, you regret not purchasing a disc retriever. 😑
Yea, I was told that AFTER I went wading in to get a hole at Parc de Families in Louisiana. Recently a small gator was spotted in the pond I went wading in in Houston.

Latest posts