• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[MVP] MVP Disc Sports (Part VI)

Had a ton of rain the last 2 weeks and been busy with a new job so haven't thrown in a while.

Finally got to throw the OTB wave 1 tempo, servo, watt, glitch, and orbital Wednesday night after league. Arrived 3 minutes before league started and only got a few throws in with them before it got dark.

Tempo had more fade than my eclipse envy but not as much as my glo z flx zone, which is on the milder side of zones. Plastic blend is top notch. I'd describe it flight wise as a shorter eclipse reactor. Haven't thrown a circuit challenge tempo, so no comparison between plastics. Will need more testing to see where exactly it fits into the bag. Full disclosure, I had very high expectations of the glow servos. Flew fine, but not as stable as the circuit challenge ones. My upper 160's plasma turns more than the glow. Another solid disc, just need to see how it wears and where it fits. Watt was fun to throw. Haven't thrown a neutron, and currently bag an eclipse proxy which doesn't get a ton of action. I could see swapping the watt and proxy, watt seemed to like pure turnover lines better. Orbital was flatter and heavy, not a bad disc but just didn't get enough throws on it to get an idea of how it wants to fly.

Wave 2 order arrived yesterday, no throws with them yet but am gonna try later today or tomorrow. No idea what to expect from the trance. Crave and servo fly longer than numbers suggest IMO so not sure what kind of distance I'll get with the trance. Also not sure what to expect stability wise. Plastic is nice and swirly, got 2 blues with orange rims. Soft proton hex feels absolutely money. People claim they're beefy, which I would personally love. Soft neutron craves are money also. PLH is a bit higher than the recent run of eclipse. My eclipses are 166 and the soft neutrons are 172 so I'm hoping they're dead nuts straight. Fairly flat. Vanishes I only ordered because they were in soft proton. I've got a 155 CN wave that's surprisingly stable, so not sure what to expect out of these. I think they'll be fun to throw but really don't have a clue what kind of role it'll fill.

Overall I was very impressed with the plastic. I believe at one point they said in a video they were having trouble sourcing the plastic for soft blends. I've got a soft neutron envy from this recent stock run and it doesn't really feel much different than regular neutron. I'd be 100% ok if MVP reserved soft proton and neutron for tournament fundraisers as long as the plastic blends were this good.

I would absolutely love to see a soft proton prism pyro. Eclipse pyro would be acceptable also.

Just make sure you leave the disc with ash on it in the bag. And when you step up to the tee to throw it say "I came here to chew bubble gum and kick ass....and I'm all out of bubble gum"
Unfortunately, few might know what you were talking about......

Just make sure you leave the disc with ash on it in the bag. And when you step up to the tee to throw it say "I came here to chew bubble gum and kick ass....and I'm all out of bubble gum"
Unfortunately, few might know what you were talking about......

Haha awesome Rowdy Roddy Piper.. I've heard the phrase so many times but couldn't place it..

Thanks for the heads up, I ordered an orbital. Got a heavy tempo otb coming too.. its a straight pusher.. love the feel, the fade has been too mild on the 171g.. maybe I just need to throw better haha.

Haha awesome Rowdy Roddy Piper.. I've heard the phrase so many times but couldn't place it..

Thanks for the heads up, I ordered an orbital. Got a heavy tempo otb coming too.. its a straight pusher.. love the feel, the fade has been too mild on the 171g.. maybe I just need to throw better haha.
That Eclipse Orbital 173g is not what my Neutron Orbital flew. 10 to 15 mph headwind practice field looks like what used to be my Star Shryke Turing in and fading back, just as long as the Shryke, but longerr in headwind. What weight did you order? I'm on the hunt closer to the bottom weight 165g, not to be found yet

If PIAS still has them, I'm picking up backups for the Tempo and Prism Hex.

That Eclipse Orbital 173g is not what my Neutron Orbital flew. 10 to 15 mph headwind practice field looks like what used to be my Star Shryke Turing in and fading back, just as long as the Shryke, but longerr in headwind. What weight did you order? I'm on the hunt closer to the bottom weight 165g, not to be found yet

If PIAS still has them, I'm picking up backups for the Tempo and Prism Hex.
Damn haha, I should have figured as much... I got a 173g orbital no light ones to be found... I'm hoping it will throw like a wave not an orbital. Either way it's going to be nice to have an 11 speed I should be able to throw at night. Pretty surprised that the one online source I found for tempos isn't tapped out yet.

I probably should have bought a light eclipse crave instead but I have those Halloween glow 1.0's at 165g

Relay and Crave will work over woods courses really hard.

Then I match that with an old flippy signal and a resistor.

You should be able to hit just about any woods lines running this.
I heavily rely on the 6 speeds for wooded courses. Signal, and a beaten in Relay. Plasma, Proton, and Eclipse Crave. Plasma Servo, and likely picking up an Eclipse tomorrow. Sometime later Neutron Crave and Servo when I see them. Should probably give the Resistor another try, it's been two years.

Seems like good things happen when I disc down to them. Best to get off the tee whether it's a 4500 foot poke and hope course or a 9700 foot hallway tunnels. Then on long approaches disc up if the line is clear.

Damn haha, I should have figured as much... I got a 173g orbital no light ones to be found... I'm hoping it will throw like a wave not an orbital. Either way it's going to be nice to have an 11 speed I should be able to throw at night. Pretty surprised that the one online source I found for tempos isn't tapped out yet.

I probably should have bought a light eclipse crave instead but I have those Halloween glow 1.0's at 165g
Definitely doesn't throw like the Neutron Orbital whether headwind or downwind. Yes, more like a Wave, like last years Plasma 163g, a slight turn, and fading back. I used it on wooded courses when the line was there or approaches on longer holes, had it for almost a year, lost it,. Picked up a 161g last month. That Eclipse will be tested tomorrow, 15 mph winds on the course different wind angles, see what it can do.

Plenty of Tempos online, hopefully PIAS still has them along with the Prism Hex. I would like to have backups, so I can feel comfortable using them on potential lost disc holes. If I knew for sure and when they had stock coming out, I wouldn't worry about it.

I've had an Eclipse Crave 168g for more than a month, good gap shooter with distance. Plenty of them out there. The Proton Crave I picked up last month hauls ass! Can't find any others out there. So, just like the Plasma Tangent it's on my no risk list.

Well, well look what I found in the used bin at PIAS, two OOP Neutron Amp 173g and Shock 162g at $9 each They will be taken to the practice field tomorrow. I was there to pick up backups for the Tempo and Prism Hex, and went ahead picked up the Proton Hex.

The releases announced today, yes to all of them. There on pre-order now, and will be staggered out for releases. Starting with the Entropy release in a few weeks, and it looks like the Time Lapse will be last end of June.

Attachments

• 20240520_123407.jpg
    20240520_123407.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 0
Well, well look what I found in the used bin at PIAS, two OOP Neutron Amp 173g and Shock 162g at $9 each They will be taken to the practice field tomorrow. I was there to pick up backups for the Tempo and Prism Hex, and went ahead picked up the Proton Hex.

The releases announced today, yes to all of them. There on pre-order now, and will be staggered out for releases. Starting with the Entropy release in a few weeks, and it looks like the Time Lapse will be last end of June.
Is there a gyro disc that you won't purchase, Lee?

Latest posts