Savannah (Pooler), GA
Tom Triplett DGC Share
Uploaded By: Cgkortz Hole #7 (Taken 5/2015)
3 / 215ft.   3 / 158ft.   4 / 404ft.   4 / 404ft. Par / Distance:
Hole #7 White/Red Tee

< Prev 1 2 3 4
Great place to play when passing through Savannah

1    1/8/2017   1/8/2017
Review By: KungFuCharlie
Pros: - Easy to follow course.
- Variety of open and wooded holes.
- Close to I-95 so easy to stop and get a round in when passing through the area.
Cons: - Lots of people walking near or on the course so be careful not to hit anyone.
- A few of the next tees are difficult to find due to not being clearly marked.
Other Thoughts: This was an enjoyable course to play. It was very pretty. There are a few holes that have tight fairways through the trees but most of the wooded holes are pretty open.

Great Challenging Course

1    10/5/2016   10/12/2016
Review By: jsemales
Pros: This course is well maintained, very fun, very challenging, and offers a variety of tees for every level of player. I played from the Championship tees and found myself getting my butt kicked halfway through. It was definitely more challenging than it looked on the walk up. The course is really well designed and offers a lot of variety from hole to hole.
Cons: Some holes are ridiculously hard. I played from the championship tees, but even still... damn
Other Thoughts: Get out and play it, probably the best course in Savannah.

Technical + Beautiful

1    4/18/2016   4/27/2016
Review By: AdubSLO
Pros: This course is set around a very nice park and lake. 90% of the holes are spread out under tree canopy. With multiple pads offering technically challenging drives. Not only is the course layout great but it is also well maintained and cared for. Fairways are clean and vegetation is maintained. Pads are well kept in good working order. Plenty of "Next Hole" direction signs to keep you on track and benches with current whole layout signs at every pad. There is a great map at the first hole showing the course layout and a spot to return lost discs.
Cons: Due to the course being set in a forest atmosphere near water i would recommend you bring your bug spray.
Other Thoughts: As I travel the nation for work I attempt to play one course in every new city I hit. This course will forever be remembered. Well done Tom Triplett!

Solid course - well designed

5+    11/26/2015   11/30/2015
Review By: crwharton
Pros: I play the course when visiting Savannah. Always enjoy coming back and playing. Playability is enhanced by the different tee pads available on each hole. Longs are very tough - shorts precise.

Excellent variety of shots - tough alleys on many.

Always well maintained - flat course w/some rubber tee pads but most have plenty of room to find good footing. Georgia sand/trees/heat/insects so come prepared depending on time of year.

Signage/parking/facilities are all solid. Well used park but never posed a problem for me.

Nice running walking trail and lake for fishing if there are non-discers in your group.

My Local Course

5+    3/18/2015   3/19/2015
Review By: terryduthu
Pros: Every hole has 3 different ways to play giving a lot of shot variety and variable play experiences depending on the format you choose. Good mix of wooded and open shots. Baskets are reachable from most pads (except some Gold) making for several long fun ace runs. Nice park with gorgeous sunsets over the lake. The occasional train passing on hole 15 makes for a fun experience. The local club does a good job keeping up the course and providing several weekly events open to everyone.
Cons: Tee pads are a concern on several of the holes. Some pads are slick and dangerous while other pads have drop offs right in front and could cause potential twisted ankles. Baskets are solid, but showing age. Hole 6 basket is slowly leaning down hill and needs to be reinforced.
Other Thoughts: New information board and disc drop box would be nice improvements. Hole 18 can be tricky with park visitors/children wandering the fairway, so be careful before you throw. New tee pads and this course is a 4.5-5 all day. Bring bug spray and watch out for snakes in the summer. Hole 14 can be a swamp after a hard rain.

Enjoyable

1    8/22/2014   8/24/2014
Review By: gvdg jake
Pros: Played this course early in the morning during a week with a heat wave going through the south. I liked how there is a great deal of parking near by and a disc catcher practice cage near hole 1. Had a very nice kiosk also.

Plenty of benches and trash cans

I played the reds (since it was hot as hell and I was on a family vacation). I found the layout to be a fun but challenging layout. Most pads were concrete pads but some were a carpet type that still had great grip. I noticed on most holes they had next tee signs that were fairly large. GREAT tee signs, some of the best I've ever seen.

Course had a good flow to it which ends at the parking lot/hole 1 area. First 3 holes were in the small patch of woods along the lake. Then it got to a few straight holes of wide open shots with tons of road and path OB in play. Made for a great challenge. It went into wooded holes after that. Tons of ace runs on the course. This is a course that will make you use every shot you have at some point.

Cons: Got lost after 13 and finally found 14 near hole 5 pad in the woods. Never found hole 15 though. Still curious where it was. But from 14 to 16 it was a longgg walk back towards the last 3 holes near the parking lot

Only safety issue I had on the entire course was hole 18. There was an older couple in a gazebo to the right of the tee box, I gave warning before throwing but it still made me nervous if a grip lock or bad kick would occur. Also, long of 18 is a playground, luckily with it being hot and kinda early kids weren't there.
Other Thoughts: I thought this was a great course. Good flow for the most part and a lot of fun holes. Course was well taken care of. Very glad I could break away for a hour or two to play this course. If you're ever in the area it's a must play!

Love this course

5+    7/5/2014   7/23/2014
Review By: Barneybboy
Pros: This course has a little bit of everything. You go from moderately wooded areas to open throws. Then you go to water hazards to dense wooded areas. The signing on this course is present and very clear to understand. You don't get lost because signs tell you right where to go for the next hole. Even in the hot summer there is enough trees to block out the sun most of the holes keeping it less hot.
Cons: The big lake that is there can be a beast. Hole 4 will eat up your discs if you swing them to far to the left. Also the basket for hole 4 has a lot of bees around it. I would recommend playing a different target for that hole unless you like braving the swarm of bees by the basket.
Other Thoughts: This is a great course. I have been multiple times and even when it is crowded the flow is smooth and you don't find yourself waiting hardly at all. One of my favorite courses that I have played.

Very Good Course

2-4    7/9/2014   7/14/2014
Review By: jeffboi
This review was updated on 7/28/2014
Pros: Some wide open shots, some technical play - a nice mix! Multiple tee boxes, well maintained and all in good condition. I highly recommend you give it a try!
Cons: Certain parts of the course could be better marked to make following along to the next tee easier.
Other Thoughts: You probably won't loose too many discs here, but you will always find a great challenge. A good course worth playing for the first time or multiple times per week - every week.

An Old Friend, an Old Enemy

5+    7/29/2013   8/11/2013
Review By: reposado
Pros: Before I say anything else, I should note that this course is my nemesis. It's one of the three courses that I have played the most, and it always manages to break my heart. I can't count the amount of times I have gone into the woods playing on fire, thinking I would finally get the better of old Tom, only to fall apart on the back nine. Not that I've never aced the back nine. I've often rallied from a disastrous beginning to end on a run, but somehow, Tom never lets me put together a solid round.

I hope that's a testament to the course. There's a lot of challenge here. Most of it is provided by the trees. There are several holes here pulled right of North Carolina. If you land off course, you're likely spending at least one shot getting back on course and if you are tempted to drive out, you might be in for a long day of thunk-thunk-thunk. The obstacles at Triplett are the trunks, not teh underbrush. Expect errant throws to be easiy found, but expect them to cost you at least a stroke. Many a bad round here has begun by hitting first one tree, then another until finally, the will is broken. Behind on the scorecard, it is tempting to attempt to much. But playing reckless here isn't going to get you much. That just what Tom wants.

The real devil of the course is 4. After a few holes in the trees. (And how much do I love 2 with dense tree cover but a sweet line coming in from either direction. Where was I? Right, back to 4.) A sharp early dog left then a looooong run to the pin, with a lake to your left the hole way. This prompts a decision that I start thinking about in the car. Play it backhand with a Dragon, hugging the lake and minimizing distance while risking landing in the water. Or flick it straight as far as I can past where the fairway turns, and play along the OB line, away from the water. The former is more reliable on the scoreboard. The latter can allow my best number and my worst.

After that there are two chances to air it out over 300 feet before heading into the deep woods. There won't be another chance for a free drive until 16.

These, "pros" might sound like complaints, but they aren't. They are what I love about this course. Despite all these challenges, I know someday I will defeat Tim Triplett. And if it takes a hundred rounds, it will be all the sweeter.
Cons: The biggest flaw here is the imbalance in direction. Far more holes go right to left, putting RHFH or LHBH players at a distinct disadvantage. (Oh, maybe that's why the course always seems to beat me.) I've only seen one other course with the disparity as high as it is here.

The only hole I actually dislike is 15. It's a straight shot down what is actually a running trail. It's a bit much, and doesn't really fit thematically with how the course has gone. There's not another way to do it, since the railroad tracks prevent them from expanding any more in the direction expansion would be needed. Still not a good hole in my opinion.
Other Thoughts: I think my feelings on my old friend have been summed up. It's a love hate relationship, clearly.

I should also note that though I play the blue tees 90% of the time, there are three tees on every hole, and five color alignments, that allow you to play different styles. The far tee offers a lengthy water carry across an attractive lake,(the same from 6) that while the major point of the park, is not seen too often from the course.

Of course, I doubt many people need much encouragement to visit my old enemy. It's the only decent course for a long way in any direction.

1    6/8/2013   6/28/2013
Review By: DavidSauls
Pros: Very nice, mostly wooded course with lots of variety and interesting angles in shots. Nothing repetitive.

The course starts with a few holes in open woods (little underbrush), plays a few open holes, then goes into denser woods for much of the round. It returns with a couple of open shots and finishes back in the open woods.

The 3 tees on each holes give lots of choice and variety; for the most part they offer not just a change of distance, but very different routes.

The scenery is very nice, working around a lake and then into a subtropical forest.

Very convenient to I-95, for travelers to take a break heading to or from Florida.
Cons: It's mostly a wooded course so if like airing it out, there are only a few open holes to do so.

The gold tees are not only long, but have involve some extremely tight lines in places.

It's all solid, but not a lot of "wow" factor or signature holes.
Other Thoughts: I played the blue tees but took a peek at the others. I'd rate the blue tees alone a 3.5, but the variety designed in the multiple tees bumps up my rating.

I played a day or two after a tropical storm passed through, yet standing water was only a minor issue. I mention this only because I've heard stories of its I-95 partner, The Sarge, being a bit of a swamp after heavy rains. Though it was a humid summer midday in the woods, bugs weren't a particular problem, either.

< Prev 1 2 3 4