• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

2 Aces with a Twist

lion

I'm feeling frisky.
Bronze level trusted reviewer
Premium Member
I'm looking for other stories that are similar.

So this past Saturday, my 12 year old son hit two Aces. Sure its not unheard of for someone to hit multiples in the same day, but there are a few twists for this one.

So in warmups, on his first throw, he aces a 315 foot hole throwing Lefty backhand. Super pumped and it was with his Glow MD4 from Discmania.

Then around 2 hours later during league he hits a 400 foot righthand sidearm/forehand ace on level ground (kid has a cannon).

The twist was that he threw two aces over 300 feet with different arms. I'd personally never heard of anyone acing twice in a day with different arms and especially at those distances.

This happened in Southern California at Martha Mclean Narrows Park, hole 17 in warmups and hole 1 in the new long position during league.

Tell me all the stories you have heard of, of stuff like this.

My son is PDGA # 46920 and about two years ago picked up the nickname 2 arm monster. On Saturday he really earned it and got razzed by all the locals. It was a great time for him.

That's awesome. I assume you got him his # when he was born? I like to see the kids whos parents did that love the game later on.

What's interesting is that I know a few people who throw with both hands...but seem to throw the same "line" with both. Lefty Backhand plus Righty Forehand for example. I don't know anyone who throws both BH or FH with different arms...which seems kind of interesting.

I don't think you'll ever hear a story like that again. A true Polka-Dot Unicorn you have there. :thumbup: So great for a youngster to have a boost like that. He'll be chasing the same "high" for years and years, which will only make him a better player...

My big brag is that I hit two aces in one round a few years ago. But the same arm was used for both - RHBH, old man-style.

And it wasn't all that surprising, in a way. I had played for 20-something years before I got my first one, and then they started to come in bunches. It wasn't "Ho-hum, got two today." But the second one just felt inevitable that night. I was, as they say, en fuego, and not to be denied. (Anyone know how to say that in Spanish?) :D

I got his pdga # when he was one years old, which I was angry about. Should of got it when he was born. His sisters who dont play have earlier pdga numbers lol

That's awesome. I assume you got him his # when he was born? I like to see the kids whos parents did that love the game later on.

My son has been on a little ace spree this year. He has had 6 this year.
1. 125 feet
2. 252 feet (walk off ace in an ice bowl playoff)
3. 275 feet (@ oak grove the first ever basket course)
4. 327 feet (practice round at the memorial)
5. 315 feet lefty
6. 400 feet right forehand skip ace

I don't think you'll ever hear a story like that again. A true Polka-Dot Unicorn you have there. :thumbup: So great for a youngster to have a boost like that. He'll be chasing the same "high" for years and years, which will only make him a better player...

My big brag is that I hit two aces in one round a few years ago. But the same arm was used for both - RHBH, old man-style.

And it wasn't all that surprising, in a way. I had played for 20-something years before I got my first one, and then they started to come in bunches. It wasn't "Ho-hum, got two today." But the second one just felt inevitable that night. I was, as they say, en fuego, and not to be denied. (Anyone know how to say that in Spanish?) :D

Last year, playing doubles at Cedar Grove (short layout, tight & technical) with my buddy Troy, when course owner Josh comments as we walk up to tee off on a hole, how he always thought this hole should've been aced more often by now. So I managed a leadoff ace right after he says that. Then my buddy aced the very NEXT hole. Back to back ones on the card, and we won the round by four strokes. :)

Several years ago, this niner was the closest course to where I used to work (note: this layout no longer exists), so it was easy to squeeze in a quick couple of rounds.

Aced hole #3 in back to back rounds one day.

I'm looking for other stories that are similar.

So this past Saturday, my 12 year old son hit two Aces. Sure its not unheard of for someone to hit multiples in the same day, but there are a few twists for this one.

So in warmups, on his first throw, he aces a 315 foot hole throwing Lefty backhand. Super pumped and it was with his Glow MD4 from Discmania.

Then around 2 hours later during league he hits a 400 foot righthand sidearm/forehand ace on level ground (kid has a cannon).

The twist was that he threw two aces over 300 feet with different arms. I'd personally never heard of anyone acing twice in a day with different arms and especially at those distances.

This happened in Southern California at Martha Mclean Narrows Park, hole 17 in warmups and hole 1 in the new long position during league.

Tell me all the stories you have heard of, of stuff like this.

My son is PDGA # 46920 and about two years ago picked up the nickname 2 arm monster. On Saturday he really earned it and got razzed by all the locals. It was a great time for him.

Only thing I've ever heard that has that kind of "twist", was a podcast Larry Fitzgerald was on, at that time, he had two hole in ones(ball golf). One was while playing with his father. The other one was while he played with Barack Obama!

Latest posts