• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

2015 Best Places List

Steve, is that map strictly course density? If so, it would be interesting to also see the map in relation to population density to see where courses might still be needed. Or is that what you've already done and call it service level?

This is strictly course density, or how much opportunity to play a single resident at the center of each square would have.

To compute the Demand for a new course at a certain spot, I compute the service level for the entire surrounding population both with and without a new course at a particular location. The sum of the increase in service level for each resident is the demand.

Demand takes thousands of times as much time to figure out, so I don't give that away for free. I will say that New York City could fill up at least a dozen new courses.

Many places that already have high service levels have so many people that a new course there would be more popular than a course placed anywhere in the dark areas of the map.

attachment.php

And here is Europe for comparison.

attachment.php

Attachments

• europe copy.jpg
    europe copy.jpg
    72.6 KB · Views: 42

Latest posts