• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

2019 Pro Tour, NT and Major Schedule

I wouldn't worry....some A-tiers will try to squeeze into the schedule, some will go on their own timetable and be big regional events.

An A-tier around here, while the pro tour is on the west coast, might lose out on the top dozen players, but would be a big draw to the regional pros who don't travel full time.

I wouldn't worry....some A-tiers will try to squeeze into the schedule, some will go on their own timetable and be big regional events.

An A-tier around here, while the pro tour is on the west coast, might lose out on the top dozen players, but would be a big draw to the regional pros who don't travel full time.

That's what I was trying to get at but could not put so elegantly. An A-tier doesn't need to fit the tour schedule so that touring players attend in order to be big draw tournament.

For example, if you are in Louisiana and want to run a Big A tier, you see that right after Waco is a perfect time.

I know it is an example but just a heads up for folks in the Southeast: Throw Down the Mountain is scheduled to a Pro Tour Test Event in 2019 (they are aiming for the weekend after Waco in 2019 but we will know for sure when the A-Tier schedule comes out).

If things go well and the scheduling works out, it will be a good anchor for a Southeast Swing.

Also, if anyone is interested in applying to be on the Pro Tour, please fill out our online application:

https://www.dgpt.com/venues.html#/

I know it is an example but just a heads up for folks in the Southeast: Throw Down the Mountain is scheduled to a Pro Tour Test Event in 2019 (they are aiming for the weekend after Waco in 2019 but we will know for sure when the A-Tier schedule comes out).

If things go well and the scheduling works out, it will be a good anchor for a Southeast Swing.

Also, if anyone is interested in applying to be on the Pro Tour, please fill out our online application:

https://www.dgpt.com/venues.html#/

One of the better venues in the sport. Brockness, going back to what MTL and JC said, this venue is popular with the Pros because it is frickin' amazing. They go there, money or no, because it rocks their boats. Steve recognized that and went after the event.

If you want a look see, Throw Down the Mountain has been recorded and is on YouTube!

BTW - I think you are very much correct, Colorado is a majestic location. If the Pros discover the right venue and time, they will go there. "If you build it, they will come..." :)

I don't care much for videos and rarely watch them. But if they put Throw Down the Mountain on, they've got my eyeballs. Perhaps my favorite course ever.

In the meantime, I remain impressed that in very recent years, the PDGA & DGPT have coordinated to create something of a cohesive tour for the top pros. It can't be easy, with local individuals running each event, with their own agendas and constraints, and with planning required so far in advance. It's not as if one authority can simply place events where and when it wants them. I'd think touring would be much easier than it was 5 or 10 years ago.

I don't care much for videos and rarely watch them. But if they put Throw Down the Mountain on, they've got my eyeballs. Perhaps my favorite course ever.

In the meantime, I remain impressed that in very recent years, the PDGA & DGPT have coordinated to create something of a cohesive tour for the top pros. It can't be easy, with local individuals running each event, with their own agendas and constraints, and with planning required so far in advance. It's not as if one authority can simply place events where and when it wants them. I'd think touring would be much easier than it was 5 or 10 years ago.

PTT Episode #20: https://www.dgpt.com/podcast.html#/

1) Looks like the DGPT will be hitting the Toboggan again. :)

2) USADGC scheduled for Jun 7- 9, and DGPT Great Lake Open Jul 5-7....

Toboggan should be available for about 3.5 weeks between the two events. :thmbup:

Portland is going to be a fun place to be a disc golfer next June!

We are so excited to be working with BSF to make the NW swing sing! It feels like the future is arriving - fast!

1) Looks like the DGPT will be hitting the Toboggan again. :)

2) USADGC scheduled for Jun 7- 9, and DGPT Great Lake Open Jul 5-7....

Toboggan should be available for about 3.5 weeks between the two events. :thmbup:

Absolutely, one thing John (the TD) is working on with the parks is to utilize this second big event to encourage them to leave the course open longer and longer each year. Just like in the NW, it feels like we are helping to bring the future along a little quicker. And yes, that feels awesome.

Thank you both for sharing back to back!

This is crap. Third year in a row it conflicts with other big events...Was masters worlds or Master usdgc two years ago.

I need to win the lottery and make a contribution the pros cant afford to miss out a chance on...:D

Can we move it to Osage when we change the dates?

Idle wild is fine but I'd rather see the magic that Osage is becoming.

Sounds like they rescheduled the Pro side for Idle Open next year to the following week...:thmbup:

What are they doing on the am side? I ended up having to take off work to play in it.

What are they doing on the am side? I ended up having to take off work to play in it.
Don't know. I just saw some people talking about it during the chat the other day. They said the PDGA had sent out an email to TDs so they wouldn't have any scheduling conflicts with the move. You might want to give The Nati a call and confirm the AM side details.

Don't know. I just saw some people talking about it during the chat the other day. They said the PDGA had sent out an email to TDs so they wouldn't have any scheduling conflicts with the move. You might want to give The Nati a call and confirm the AM side details.

I saw Jason, I think it was, comment on a facebook thread that the AM side of Idlewild will be the weekend before the pro side. So the original weekend that it was scheduled for.

Latest posts