• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Am Tournaments. Has anyone ran a no player pack, Trophy Only event?

If the PDGA were to make a single change to their tournament requirements/standards, I feel like making it clear that greens fee doesn't just apply to tournaments played on a pay-to-play course but to any course would be the most beneficial. Cap it if they feel it would be abused, or require more detailed financial reports in order to justify it, but give TDs/clubs a bit more wiggle room to make sure expenses are covered without the need to invest in merchandise that still carries no guarantee of breaking even.

I really wish the PDGA would go further and allow a tournament fee, capped at $10 or $20, to be deducted off the top. If announced in advance, like limiting divisions.

Whether TDs would use it, or how well it would go over with players in some places, is another issue. But it would be great to have the option.

I like the idea of an allowed tournament fee, with a cap. Would allow a low to no payout reduced entry fee system.

I understand the current rules and preventing "the kitchen sink" from being call a fee and thus reduced. But a "tournament fee" with a cap would solve that. Would definitely require advertised/advance notice.

Under the current rules, it is difficult to do since someone must pay the $50 sanctioning fee and other fees that are not allowed to come out of the entry fee (15% of total entry fees allowed for C-Tier).

If you build it....they will come.

I've attended his events, they are great fun. I'm a new player in the UK, so not raised on goody bags. I'm just after a well organised opportunity to play disc golf, compete, meet others, learn, and have fun. I don't need or really want a goody bag. I'm a big boy now, if I want something I'll buy it - if I haven't bought one, I probably don't want it (does not apply to castles or flying cars).

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

Latest posts