• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Backhand Review

kobrien

I did one of these awhile ago, but have lost the link in the shuffle. I have gone through a number of form iterations. My most recent have focused on the release of the disc. I try and accelerate at the end of the movement and really feel the disc popping off the fingers. This has taken me from ~'300 to the ~350' foot range, but I seem to have topped out again. Any help would be appreciated!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b1gdvekJ9Ws

I try and accelerate at the end of the movement

It's not something you try and should happen naturally. Think of it this way: After you loaded a bow and arrow, do you try to accelerate the arrow forward at the last moment? Or do you just release the string? Sidewinders doorframe drill made this idea click for me. If you get in the doorframe position, all you need to do is let go of the doorframe, as long as your posture is correct, your arm should whip forward. Adding power is just a matter of bringing more momentum into it and bracing well. Bracing is the only active movement in the downswing, just like holding the handle of a bow is when you released the arrow.

Sent from my SM-G991N using Tapatalk