• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Bardu's Bag 2022 ~BIGGER, BADDER, AND BUZZZIER~

Bardu

* Ace Member *
Premium Member
We've had an extremely mild winter. I signed up for a tournament in early April.

167 4x Star Destroyer- still overstable after all this time, maybe just a hint of turn

175 2020 Sexton Firebird- seasoned, FH only, straight to fade
175 2018 Sexton Firebird- beat, FH only, nuanced flights
167 12x Champ Firebird- BH only, oldest disc in the bag
172 4x Champ Thunderbird- picked up some glide last year
168 Holly Finley Star Roadrunner- main driver on open holes, perfectly seasoned
169 GStar Sidewinder- fresh last year, will be the workhorse this year
167 GStar Sidewinder- plenty beat, may have to rotate a new one in at some point this year

177 Z Glo Buzzz- definitely seasoned but flight hasn't changed much, still OS for a Buzzz
180 5x ESP Buzzz- out of the box straight as an arrow
179 2019 MJ Comet- nice complement to Buzzz

175 Cryztal FLX Get Freaky Zone- more OS
175 ESP Zone- FH and BH approach
175 2020 Ricky Pro Pig- stiff and OS, flies like a brick
175 Plasma Ion- approach & driving putter
175 Nikko Wizards (2)- main putters

New Additions 2022:
175 Halo Star Sidewinder- plenty stable, but long and glidey
175 Eclipse Envy- more stable than the Ion, love the profile
180 Z FLX Buzzz- I've had success with grippy plastics in the past

Previous Bag Threads: (2021, 2020, 2019, 2018, 2017, 2016, 2015, 2014, 2013 Redux, 2013, 2012, 2011, DGR)

Attachments

• IMG_2366.jpg
    IMG_2366.jpg
    167.8 KB · Views: 46
we have a lot of overlap

nice bag

i would easily rock this and beautiful pic of the halo sw i love it

we have a lot of overlap

nice bag

i would easily rock this and beautiful pic of the halo sw i love it

Thanks! You inspired me to throw the Plasm Ion :thmbup:

I played a couple rounds at Big Sioux yesterday. I found a Z Sol before getting to the first tee. It's kind of an amazing disc and it gives me something I didn't have in my bag before. I wanted to throw it on every hole!

167 4x Star Destroyer

175 2020 Sexton Firebird
175 2018 Sexton Firebird
167 12x Champ Firebird
172 4x Champ Thunderbird
175 Halo Star Sidewinder
168 Holly Finley Star Roadrunner
169 GStar Sidewinder
167 GStar Sidewinder

177 Z Glo Buzzz
180 5x ESP Buzzz
179 2019 MJ Comet

175 Cryztal FLX Get Freaky Zone
175 ESP Zone
175 Eclipse Envy
174 5x Z Sol

175 Plasma Ion
175 Nikko Wizards (2)

Thanks! You inspired me to throw the Plasm Ion :thmbup:

I played a couple rounds at Big Sioux yesterday. I found a Z Sol before getting to the first tee. It's kind of an amazing disc and it gives me something I didn't have in my bag before. I wanted to throw it on every hole!

167 4x Star Destroyer

175 2020 Sexton Firebird
175 2018 Sexton Firebird
167 12x Champ Firebird
172 4x Champ Thunderbird
175 Halo Star Sidewinder
169 GStar Sidewinder
167 GStar Sidewinder

177 Z Glo Buzzz
180 5x ESP Buzzz
179 2019 MJ Comet

175 ESP Zone
175 Eclipse Envy
174 5x Z Sol

175 Plasma Ion
175 Nikko Wizards (2)

i love it

i did the same thing when i found this discmania dd walkin back to my car after a round

i found it and shoved it into my bag then threw it a few times next time i played and loved it and its never left my bag

I managed to get injured again. I'm waiting for an appointment, but I'm dealing with shoulder tightness. I'm assuming its tendonitis, hoping its not more. In the meantime, I'm back to left hand forehand.

The saga of the Sol continues. Turns out that it belongs to someone else. I picked up a replacement Z.

I bought a Proton Insanity at my local store. I threw it a handful of times before my injury and it seemed to have approximately the stability of my GStar Sidewinders or the Holly Finley Roadrunner.

I found a really nice MJ Sparkle Z Comet at another local store.

I ordered a pair of Dickerson Buzzzes. I love the blend of ESP.

I just traded for a Champion Dark Rebel.

I played my first post-injury round today. I have been doing physical therapy. I have a routine of stretching and strengthening exercises which I would like to become a lifelong habit. I avoided any major damage and with proper conditioning, I'm hoping be able to play disc golf for a long time.

I played with only an R2 Ion. I've been cleared to throw 75 feet at this point and probably pushed that a little. I played a new course in the area, Wall Lake. It is quite short, most of the pins were just out of reach for my self-imposed limits. I'll take playing RHBH in this fashion over LHFH any day.

I played my first post-injury round today. I have been doing physical therapy. I have a routine of stretching and strengthening exercises which I would like to become a lifelong habit. I avoided any major damage and with proper conditioning, I'm hoping be able to play disc golf for a long time.

I played with only an R2 Ion. I've been cleared to throw 75 feet at this point and probably pushed that a little. I played a new course in the area, Wall Lake. It is quite short, most of the pins were just out of reach for my self-imposed limits. I'll take playing RHBH in this fashion over LHFH any day.

How does that R2 ion compare to your plasma?

Also awesome to hear you're back out on the course!

How does that R2 ion compare to your plasma?

Also awesome to hear you're back out on the course!

Thanks! R2 is more responsive than the Plasma for me. My Plasma is at least a couple years old now and the R2 is less stable, more glide out of the box.

Ramping it up a bit, played a few rounds at Pioneer Park:

167 4x Star Destroyer

175 2020 Sexton Firebird
175 2018 Sexton Firebird
167 12x Champ Firebird
172 4x Champ Thunderbird
169 GStar Sidewinder
167 GStar Sidewinder

177 Z Glo Buzzz
180 5x ESP Buzzz
179 2019 MJ Comet

175 ESP Zone
175 Eclipse Envy

175 Plasma Ion
175 Nikko Wizards (2)

i saw you post about wall lake

care to share a bit moar detail on it

i saw you post about wall lake

care to share a bit moar detail on it

Wall Lake is a welcome addition to our group of local courses. Its a relatively small piece of land in a well maintained county park next to a swimming beach outside of town. All the holes are shorter than the marked distances. It doesn't take hardly any time at all to play.

That being said, I really like the design. Holes 2 and 3 utilize a tree line along the right from the teepad to create a demanding straight angle for RHBH throwers. Hole 4, probably the best hole on the course, is a wooded tunnel, not a demanding tunnel, but outside my distance to reach the pin. Hole 7 utilizes another tree line along the right to create a unique angle. The rest are mostly straight forward shots with ace run possibilities.

I wouldn't call this course challenging, however I found it to be a lot of fun. It is not close to Tuthill, Big Sioux, or Spencer in scope. I think it compares favorably to Southeast and Pioneer which are also small parklike courses. I didn't have any expectations and I walked away delighted.

Wall Lake is a welcome addition to our group of local courses. Its a relatively small piece of land in a well maintained county park next to a swimming beach outside of town. All the holes are shorter than the marked distances. It doesn't take hardly any time at all to play.

That being said, I really like the design. Holes 2 and 3 utilize a tree line along the right from the teepad to create a demanding straight angle for RHBH throwers. Hole 4, probably the best hole on the course, is a wooded tunnel, not a demanding tunnel, but outside my distance to reach the pin. Hole 7 utilizes another tree line along the right to create a unique angle. The rest are mostly straight forward shots with ace run possibilities.

I wouldn't call this course challenging, however I found it to be a lot of fun. It is not close to Tuthill, Big Sioux, or Spencer in scope. I think it compares favorably to Southeast and Pioneer which are also small parklike courses. I didn't have any expectations and I walked away delighted.

sounds pretty good

looks like ill keep it wish listed

a course popped up in luverne mn so ill kinda be in the area sometime

thank you

I visited Milwaukee over the weekend. We played Brown Deer and Dretzka. I kept my bag the same as the one listed in June. I threw a full round on back to back days without any arm issues. Had some nice shots with some of the roleplayers in my bag: Star Destroyer, Z Glo Buzzz, and Eclipse Envy.

167 4x Star Destroyer

175 2020 Sexton Firebird
175 2018 Sexton Firebird
167 12x Champ Firebird
172 4x Champ Thunderbird
169 GStar Sidewinder
167 GStar Sidewinder

177 Z Glo Buzzz
180 5x ESP Buzzz
179 2019 MJ Comet

175 ESP Zone
175 Eclipse Envy

175 Plasma Ion
175 Nikko Wizards (2)

August bag update:

167 4x Star Destroyer

175 2020 Sexton Firebird
175 2018 Sexton Firebird
167 12x Champ Firebird
172 4x Champ Thunderbird
175 Halo Star Sidewinder
168 HF Star Roadrunner
169 GStar Sidewinder
167 GStar Sidewinder

177 Z Glo Buzzz
180 5x ESP Buzzz
179 2019 MJ Comet

175 Cryztal FLX GF Zone
175 ESP Zone
175 Eclipse Envy
175 Plasma Ion
175 Nikko Wizards (2)

I played Chain's Edge over the weekend. The Halo Sidewinder has worked its way into the bag since Milwaukee.

September update:

I bought a Prism Plamsa Envy on the way to Chain's Edge and it has played its way into the bag.

167 4x Star Destroyer

175 2020 Sexton Firebird
175 2018 Sexton Firebird
167 12x Champ Firebird
172 4x Champ Thunderbird
175 Halo Star Sidewinder
168 HF Star Roadrunner
169 GStar Sidewinder
167 GStar Sidewinder

177 Z Glo Buzzz
180 5x ESP Buzzz
179 2019 MJ Comet

175 Cryztal FLX GF Zone
175 ESP Zone
175 Eclipse Envy
175 Prism Plasma Envy
175 Plasma Ion
175 Nikko Wizards (2)

October update:

167 4x Star Destroyer

175 2020 Sexton Firebird
175 2018 Sexton Firebird
167 12x Champ Firebird
172 4x Champ Thunderbird
175 Halo Sidewinder
168 HF Star Roadrunner
169 GStar Sidewinder
167 GStar Sidewinder

177 Z Glo Buzzz
180 5x ESP Buzzz
179 5x ESP Buzzz
179 2019 MJ Comet

175 Cryztal FLX GF Zone
175 ESP Zone
175 Prism Plasma Envy
175 Plasma Ion
175 Nikko Wizards (2)

Attachments

• IMG_6979.jpg
    IMG_6979.jpg
    153 KB · Views: 15
what color and stamp gstarr sw are you rockin these days

These are the two I am currently throwing. The one on the left has been in the bag since 2019. It's beat and has nice turn. I have two in similar condition that are retired. In 2020, I started the one on the right. It has more stability and I use it as a workhorse. I bought a stack of ten of these of these in 2018.

Attachments

• thumbnail_IMG_7327.jpg
    thumbnail_IMG_7327.jpg
    91.2 KB · Views: 22
These are the two I am currently throwing. The one on the left has been in the bag since 2019. It's beat and has nice turn. I have two in similar condition that are retired. In 2020, I started the one on the right. It has more stability and I use it as a workhorse. I bought a stack of ten of these of these in 2018.

ooohhh i love that rainbow stamp one

my eyes couldnt find that color on the ground but those are some beauties

Winter thoughts:
  • I bought a Ranger bag on Black Friday sale. I'd outgrown my Soldier.
  • I have been carrying a Z FLX Zone as my water disc all year but it has never made the ITB lists. As has happened many times before, it is now perhaps my best Zone and has made the bag.
  • I feel like my forehand has improved this year and it has opened up my bag. At first, the only disc I threw forehand was Firebirds. I picked up a Harp in 2018. Last year, I replaced the Harp with the Zone and haven't looked back. I've learned from those reps. This year I tried forehanding the Halo Sidewinder and it has been a revelation. I remembered how I threw my Buzzz LHFH in 2020 when I'd injured my arm and it turns out I can throw Buzzzes forehand now as well. I had a couple magic shots earlier in the year with Envies. One time, I forgot my water disc and threw the Eclipse Envy in its place. It popped up and flew flat where a Zone would fade out. I'd never achieved that flight with any other disc forehand. A lot of those discs may now be thrown primarily forehand. At some courses I am 50/50 off the tee.

Latest posts