• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

BH Grip- Pressure pinch flight plate or pinch palm

seedlings

* Ace Member *
Gripping the disc firmly at the hit on a power throw, is the firmest pressure between top and bottom of the flight plate, I.e. pinching the flight plate?
-or-
Is the firmest pressure against the rim into the palm?

This isn't about where your fingers go (3 finger power grip, fan grip), but what the firmest pressure should feel like.

Probably depends on type of grip. Fan/pinch grips will be more between the flight plate, while power grips will be more inside rim.

I try to squeeze my fingers inside the rim (power grip) and my thumb on the top plate, which I rest where the plate meets the inner rim.

Are you pinching harder between thumb and fingers or between fingers and palm?

Zero palm pinch whatsoever. Digits are the last point of contact so that's where I want the most resistance?

TBH that may not be correct. Seems like pinching on the palm wants the wrist to cock upwards, which seems like nose up? Or at least holding your hand outward and focusing on the pinch each way.

The more I keep the disc out in my fingers, the easier it is for me to feel the weight of the disc. It's hard to swing something if you can't feel the weight of the object you are swinging. I think burying the disc into your palm is ok with putting if you like to use a palm push in your putt, but for throwing, definitely keep it out in your fingers like your holding a fork

Last edited: