• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Cincinnati

It gets longer as you get past the archers. I can definitely see the comparison. SRU was a fun spin.

Idlewild was quite a course indeed and definitely a draining round. Should I get a chance to play the course again I will probably skip the letter holes in order to maximize my ability to play the numbered layout which is quite demanding and has many holes unlike any others I've played. Some very true par 5s in there that will smack you around. Sometimes the course felt fair, sometimes it felt unfair, but it always felt awesome.

My discin buddies and I pretty much always skip the letter holes in the interest of time (weekday evening rounds typically). Hell, we usually play all shorts too. Once or twice a year we'll play 24 longs and that's plenty for us.

the reason I skip the letter holes is, except for A, they are just extra holes that just don't really "fit in" with the original 18. extraneous, unnecessary, and uninspiring. but I like A alot.