• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Connecticut Courses

Mr. Wick

* Ace Member *
I am pretty new to the sport (one season) and I have only played wickham park in Manchester. Are there any other good courses in the area that would be a short drive from this area?

The Natural,

I have played only two courses in Connecticut and those are Cranbury Park in Norwalk and Fairfield University in Fairfield.

Cranbury Park is a very unique disc golf experience that must be played at least once in a lifetime! All the holes are fun & challenging to play, mostly in the woods. The course has a old school disc golf feel to it, as if the course was created way back in the early 70's. The only draw back on this course is that many of the fairways are actually the park's dirt walking paths for people and dogs alike. Most pedestrians are aware of the fairways and are often kindly yielding to disc golfers! I recommend it.

Fairfield University is a must play also. This course is more in the open than Cranbury and is played on lush grass. Alot of elevation changes and one hole even has a pond/lake to drive over. I played here several years ago with a total of 12 great holes to play. They may have 18 holes installed there by now. There really is no down side to this course. Another plus is that students do not get in the way on this course as do some other college campus courses.....well, at least they didn't when I was there! Enjoy!

Frank Sacco

Both of those courses are pretty far south of Wickham.

Like Ive told you before; check out Hero's, Cross Farms, and Panthorn.

Really just go to this site and it will give you links to them all so you can mapquest them.

www.nefa.com

My brother actually just moved to Norwalk. So I was planning on heading out to cranberry park with him some day soon to try it out. It does however take me like an hour and a half to get there. I haven't made it out to Heroes yet but am planning on it for monday (columbus day) I have the day off so that should work out great that's pretty close by for me. I have e mailed ted a few times and he seems like a really nice guy, told me about the course and even provided me with directions. But it's wickham again this afternoon. I am there almost every day (on my way home from work).

Driving an hour and a half to a disc golf course isn't so bad. My favorite courses are both an hour and fifteen from my house and the nearest course is 40 minutes. I understand "the natural" was looking for courses closer by. I recommended the only 2 courses I played in Conn., which happen to be southeast of Manchester. The trip is worth it though......isn't any good course worth the trip for a day or two of disc golf???

Thanks for the info on each of those courses Frank. I just like to know weather or not it's worth my trip.

Well over the three day weekend I got in 99 holes of disc golf at cross farms park in tolland (36 holes), Heroes (36 holes), Wickham Park (18 holes), and a Church out by uconn by cross farms (9 Holes). I really liked heroes course a lot some really challenging holes but also a bunch of birdie chances (unfortunatly I missed those and turned em into bogeys). I ran into Hero in the woods on 9 and had a nice conversation with him, great guy. Cross farms had some holes I liked but too many tight woods holes (I like to watch the disc fly a long way). They were redoing the course at the church so I was confused as to where the tees even were but it's ok for some practice. So I had a great columbus day weekend with lots of disc golf, now it's back to work.

The Natural said:
). I really liked heroes course a lot some really challenging holes but also a bunch of birdie chances (unfortunatly I missed those and turned em into bogeys). I ran into Hero in the woods on 9 and had a nice conversation with him, great guy. .

I knew you'd enjoy the course. It has excellent hole variety and has lots of risk reward elements. His use of OB is excellent. It has enough "easy" holes that you feel you should tear it up but some of the birdies are elusive because of tricky elevation or fast greens.And you need plenty of birds to offset the bogeys you'll undoubtedly sustain on the longer wooded holes. I only played it once. I shot a 58 that should've been a 53.

Boy, I wish I could be his neighbor.

Yeah, I can't believe that's his backyard! I shot a 68 that should have been much lower. One of my discs is in that pond with quite a few others i'd imagine. And that short really tight hole (with the no whining sign) killed me on each of the two rounds we played. But I did make a few birds which is always fun.

Yeah that tiny little (what 140' ?) hole stung me for a four moments after I threed the super long downhill shot (550') that doglegs right into the woods.

The long one (dogleg right) down the hill I birded each round. I throw left hand backhand and landed my valkyrie with a little hyzer all the way around the corner.

Wow!

If we're talking about the same hole that's quite a huck! I believe that's the longest hole on the course and the green is protected by a low ceiling. My rhbh annie flexed out left and I needed a 330' roller approach to save my par. To birdie that both rounds is insane!

yeah I was quite impressed with myself on that one. the approach in is tough too (I got lucky and hit the right tree and bounced under the basket the second time around).