• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Selling] cost effective shipping

Status
Not open for further replies.

Discbee

Bogey Member
What method do you use for shipping 1-2 discs? a small lot (5-6 discs)?

Bubble mailer envelope versus box and what postal service (1st class, priority, etc)?

I have never shipped discs and have some discs I have barely thrown that I am looking to sell/trade and wanted to keep it cost effective for me and the other person involved. Just looking at options, thanks for the tips.

Last edited:
Interested as well.

I recently shipped three discs in a box just big enough to put three discs in and the best deal I could get at the post office was $10.

Shipping one disc in a bubble wrap bag can be done for around $4, if you take it into the post office to print their cheapest label. Can't do it online that cheap (I can't). Someone recently shipped me two marketplace discs for the same price I paid for them. I sent extra money, but he refunded that.

What method do you use for shipping 1-2 discs? a small lot (5-6 discs)?

Bubble mailer envelope versus box and what postal service (1st class, priority, etc)?

Print your labels out on PirateShip.com - always cheaper than going to the post office.

1 disc in a bubble mailer is 7oz, 2 discs is 14oz. Add 1oz if you use a cardboard backer in the bubble mailer for rigidity.

For basic throwers:
1-2 discs - #4 bubble mailer - USPS First Class
3+ discs - Find a box that fits the quantity - USPS Priority

For gems/collectors/expensive discs - always ship in a box

Never use Priority Flat Rate. In 10 years of shipping tens of thousands of discs has Flat Rate been the cheaper option.

Once you get to Priority Mail, the cost depends heavily on box size/weight, and destination. If I ship 10 discs close to my state it's less than $10. If I ship them across country it pushes $25.

Interested as well.

I recently shipped three discs in a box just big enough to put three discs in and the best deal I could get at the post office was $10.

That's about right depending on destination. Will be a little cheaper printed online using PirateShip.com

Last edited:
another vote for pirateship! For packaging I make sure to hang onto miscellaneous Amazon packages so that my normal out of pocket cost is only tape.
Also first class packages (13 oz or under) can be dropped off in any of the standard blue USPS boxes that are around most towns. Can save you a trip to the PO and/or potentially a shorter drive if there's a box close to your home.

another vote for pirateship! For packaging I make sure to hang onto miscellaneous Amazon packages so that my normal out of pocket cost is only tape.
Also first class packages (13 oz or under) can be dropped off in any of the standard blue USPS boxes that are around most towns. Can save you a trip to the PO and/or potentially a shorter drive if there's a box close to your home.

I just throw both first class and priority packages into my mailbox at home. (Rural customer here- YMMV)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts