• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Critique my form so I can come back better

livextreme9

Birdie Member
I am having rotator cuff surgery next month and I will be out for 6-8 months, but during my recovery I want to have something to look forward to. I am hoping to post a few clips of me throwing (from a few months back) and have my form analyzed, so when I do start throwing again I can fix my mistakes or at least work on fixing them. I do not have any clips of me throwing sidearm as I do not. I am ambidextrous, so I will post a clip of me throwing LHBH as well. Feel free to give any advice and thank you for giving your time to watch yet another guy throw discs.

This first clip is short and I am throwing RHBH at Verdugo Hills hole #7. It is 282 feet with a right to left flow as there is a tree hanging over the left side of the fairway. I am throwing a recycled Saint at 80%.

You're going at a frenetic pace. That's mostly all I can focus on right now :p

But it seems like you could lean over the disc more. There's something odd-looking about the weight shift, starting with the rear foot. It kind of looks like you're pushing off the heel instead of the big toe/ball.

I would definitely slow it down, though. If you were a drag racer, you'd still be burning out at the line when Lizotte crosses the finish line.

Yeah, I'd hardly call that 80%, it's more like 120% out the gate and finishing at half speed. At that distance you should be either doing a standstill or very slow walk, so obviously your efficiency is lacking, especially since you look very tall and lanky which is an advantage. Your balance is too far behind your front heel and your rear leg is dragging weight back. You can see how Paul is more closed, braced and stacked posture against his front side. Notice the negative lower leg angle on Paul to brace from behind dynamically on the front toes. Your lower leg is at a positive angle so you are trying to brace from in front of you and your hips fly open without bracing to torque against and your shoulder flies around as well.

I didn't realize I was doing it all wrong. Ha ha. Thanks for the pointers and I will be sure to slow it all down from now on.

Latest posts