• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Dekalb Memorial Park - Atlanta, GA

pmay5

Eagle Member
Gold level trusted reviewer
Premium Member
This course was recently opened, very close to downtown Atlanta. I don't recall seeing new courses being installed in large cities, so close to the downtown, for a long time. Sure, there are some that have been in place for a while, Sedgley in Philly for example, but I would say its rare for a new course to be installed these days in large cities. The suburbs get courses added often but this is a unique add.
Just curious if anyone on here has any insights on who was the driving force for this course, how many hoops they had to jump through and how long this took, from idea to installation.

It looks like damtroll made some updates to the Course Info page and jph424 just posted a review. Not sure if either of them was the driving force.

It would be great to have more courses in our major cities, so this may be a template for getting that done.

I don't know if they post on here but Ryan and Paul with the In Town ATL disc golf club did a ton to get this one through the various hoops and whatnot.

For whatever reason is was also way more expensive(around 3x) than other courses I've seen locally. I don't know if that was related to city fees or anything but they did have to raise way more.

If you want to find out more I think Ryan is @sageguy on Twitter.