• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

DGA Mach Lite Modification

baileyt1212

Eagle Member
Is your DGA Mach Lite catching your discs too easy? Here is a simple way to bring the outside chains in 2 or 3 inches. I hope this helps my accuracy and want to pass the modification on to you.

Materials – DGA Mach Lite
Tools – Vice grips and blunt nose pliers

Step 1)
Expand the bottom s of the s-link that holds the top of the inner chains. Use the vice grips to clamp onto the top s and the middle of the s-link while using the pliers to pry the bottom s away, creating a space that the chain link can fit through.

picture.php

Step 2)
Slip the first (right side) of the two current links off the s-link (only slip off the first, the other will stay).

Step 3)
Using the outside chain, slip the second link from the top onto the s-link.

picture.php

Step 4)
Using the chain that you removed in step 2, skip to the middle of the three top links and slip it onto the s-link.

Step 5)
Squeeze the s-link back together using the vice grips. You can see the link that you slipped off in step 2 dangling freely in the next picture.

picture.php

Repeat for all inner chain top holder s-links (I think there was 8)

The s-links should now have 3 links instead of the original 2, and bring the outer chains in line with the inner ones. I know that the Mach lite has problems spitting the disc out the back, but now, even though all links are a similar distance, I have not had one go through since I have made this change.

There is no difference in how the basket will collapse, or how it fits into it's bag.

Happy putting.

Before:

picture.php

After:

picture.php

Last edited:
Excellent! I was asking (in another tread) about how to add 'catchability' without adding weight. I'm going to give this a try...
Seems you have a smaller diameter target and therefore more chain in a tighter volume to stop your disc (and you need to be more accurate to hit it). Win-win!
:hfive:

That is a facinating mod. I have to try it! Looks easy to set back to nomal also.

Yep. Easy mod, and can be reveresed just as easily.

As far as catchability, I have only used it for one practice session so far, but nothing has slipped through yet.

I'll post again if I find any problems.

Well, I know what I'll be doing once I get home from work today. Thanks for the info!

Just modded mine. That is tight! Well, you know, what I mean is... :D

...seriously, folds up just the same, has a narrower target to hit, and catches better. What's not to like?

Just modded mine. That is tight! Well, you know, what I mean is... :D

...seriously, folds up just the same, has a narrower target to hit, and catches better. What's not to like?
I have not had a chance to do it but after missing way to many 20 ft putts this past weekend I am going to get it done this weekend.