• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Disc Golf Pet Peeves

I have heard friends in law enforcement refer to this as "tolerance," as in the amount of speed over the legal limit that the person working radar will tolerate without giving a citation. The impression I have is that the local LE agency or the individual working radar decides what speed above the posted limit will be tolerated on that stretch of road on that day and sets the equipment accordingly. So 5 mph of tolerance, for example, would mean that where the limit is 55, drivers will only be stopped for driving 61 mph or above.

Yes, that's correct. Each officer has their own threshold and their own discretion when it comes to writing speeding tickets. For me, 15mph over usually meant a stop and sometimes a ticket. 20 over usually resulted in a ticket.
There is no way to stop every vehicle going 1 over or 5 over or even 10 over in most areas as you would be stopping pretty much every car on the road. I suppose there are some departments that stop vehicles at 5 over, but I would guess they are very rare.

Anyway, I am done talking about speeding unless it has to do with disc speeds. :D

This one is more humorous than a complaint. My biggest pet peeves is when people tell you their score relative to par but can't tell you how many strokes they took. Example:

-Them : I shot 4 under

- Me: how many strokes is that?

- Them: uhhhhhhh.......

So here I am thinking they shot anywhere between 50 and 68.

Honestly its easier to keep track of my +/- than it is to keep track of actual par. The last time I went out, I played a two disc round. Buzzz vs Squall. The Squall shot 2 under the Buzzz. Actual par - ??? no clue.

Honestly its easier to keep track of my +/- than it is to keep track of actual par. The last time I went out, I played a two disc round. Buzzz vs Squall. The Squall shot 2 under the Buzzz. Actual par - ??? no clue.

That's how I play. I keep score in my head and I score it in relation to par posted on the sign. If I take a 3 on a listed par 4, I'm keeping track in my head as drive, up and down for birdie, birdie putt. If the same hole is listed as a 3, I'm keeping track in my head as drive, up and down for par, par putt. Counting from say -5 to +10 is a lot easier than counting from 53 to 68.

1st world problem pet peeve. You decide to order a few discs from Infinite from your list of needed discs. You buy them and when you check back to see if they have shipped, they have, yay. You look at "new disc arrivals" and they have a new discs that you have been waiting a long time for but, but nothing else you want or need. Somebody over there just add the Eagle x on to my order that is about to ship please.

One is buying discs via a closer online disc store Wright Life out of Colorado (I live in Pierre (Pier) South Dakota), despite taking almost month to ship have it shipped all over North America above Mexico. Yes one stop in Alberta in Provincial capital and hen shipped so poor in disc sized envelope with only way too thin single layer of bubble wrap so when disc arrives it is almost unusable from company with a dent from having at least one package sitting on top of it for a good period at some point not to mention hot vehicle issue of slightly floppy disc from shipping in summer.

Last time I buy from Wright Life, company as they had gotten worse over the years, maybe company has changed as this was 2016--2017 when I was buying backup discs for my bag redo due to some discs I used/started using were oop or becoming oop in stores finally selling out last of old run discs in a plastic disc is not made in/mold they no longer made. I may have got one more disc from Wright Life via e-Bay after as I had no choice due to mold going OOP or Plastic choice going oop for a disc.

One is buying discs via a closer online disc store Wright Life out of Colorado (I live in Pierre (Pier) South Dakota), despite taking almost month to ship have it shipped all over North America above Mexico. Yes one stop in Alberta in Provincial capital and hen shipped so poor in disc sized envelope with only way too thin single layer of bubble wrap so when disc arrives it is almost unusable from company with a dent from having at least one package sitting on top of it for a good period at some point not to mention hot vehicle issue of slightly floppy disc from shipping in summer.

Last time I buy from Wright Life, company as they had gotten worse over the years, maybe company has changed as this was 2016--2017 when I was buying backup discs for my bag redo due to some discs I used/started using were oop or becoming oop in stores finally selling out last of old run discs in a plastic disc is not made in/mold they no longer made. I may have got one more disc from Wright Life via e-Bay after as I had no choice due to mold going OOP or Plastic choice going oop for a disc.
I have had great luck with OTB and Marshall street.

I have had great luck with OTB and Marshall street.
Same with GGGT out of Minnesota and with Infinite as well as Innova for some F2 discs over years starting when Shark 2 was made oop. Star Shark I was stuck looking around as most places dropped plastic for mold when carrying a long time ago. I almost got some Dragons when Wright Life and a few months later GGGT were only sellers in 2022 but hearing most were coming in higher weights so the plastic would not float ended for me and I got on sale 147/148 and 142 DX Valkyrie cheap in 2022 as Innova's Dave D had no clue if a floating Dragon was ever going to come back.

Latest posts