• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

End of season bag

wadpe

Par Member
The weather is rather cold and it gets dark earlier than at summer, so I have not been throwing discs as much as I used to. We have lot's of innova discs and discmania at a local stores so those are the ones I am familiar with, but my friends and I have had good time with trilogy's discs too.

Im pretty newbie, started to throw this summer.
Main throwing style: RHBH
Distance: 280f Average 350f Max

Putters:
D-line P1 172 - This has some scracthes already. I like to throw this because it is really easy to flip, does not really fade at all. Can use for straight shots and short turnovers as well.

S-line P2 175 - Great gummy feel, but remains it's shape well. More overstable, great if you don't want to turn over a putter drive, also works better with a forehand when you release in a hyzer.

Midranges
Millennium Aurora MS 171 - feels nice and soft, a bit more stable than the P1. I never see anybody having this disc even if it's one of the easiest to throw. I rarely use this but it goes pretty straight, depending on the angle.

D-line MD1 177 - This is slightly beat-in. It's more stable midrange but I use it because I lost a roc3. Pretty reliable if you throw hard and want the disc to come back to left.

Fairways
S-line FD 170 - feels rather stable as it is new. Probably my favorite driver for controlled straight shots. I should throw this more. I flip this with a forehand however but it still holds it.
C-line Teebird 175 - this looks very beat-in, still is very stable disc. I use this when I want to throw hard and not worry about flipping the disc. I should learn to use this with forehand, it works really well with it.

Other
Opto-line Bolt 172 - Best disc for my power, I can throw this the furthest. It is rather understable so I use it for turnovers that need to fade at the end, no worries flipping this one over. It is not good against headwinds however.

DX sidewinder 175 - This has hit some trees. It is really understable. I use it when I want to make sure that I am flipping the disc over.

Champion Firebird 175 - I use this for special utility, it is the most OS disc I have. I like to throw it with forehand, no fear to ever flip it. Also seems to be super reliable, so I can see why people like it. Also great if you don't want too much distance.

So that's about it what I like to use, I have other discs but they don't feel as good right now. Most of them are probably way too fast for my armspeed or they just are too soft type of a plastic.

I struggle with backhands lately, I always seem to release in a hyzer for some reason. It is probably some sort of a rounding issue, I must learn to throw flat again. I also have developped some power for my forehands lately, which is great because I always felt like I had really weak, floppy forehand.

My biggest problem is the putting, I don't know which disc I should use for putting. Maybe I should just stick with one and try to learn with it rather than trying everything out.

That's my bag, if you have any recommendations or similarities feel free to comment and even help :)

Are you a spin putter or a push putter?
Do you feel there are any lines that are not covered by your bag?

I think your bag is solid and I don't see any overlap. I had a problem for a little while with hyzer releases as well, a little field work with some Mako3s and Aviar PnAs cleaned it up. I recommend grabbing some Mako3s or any equivalent for field work. I think the gold standard is the Discraft Comet for cleaning up form. I need to grab a couple of those myself

If you want to get that backhand tuned in, throw that aurora. Should be able to get a very straight flight out of it.
As for the forehand, work the aurora and FD. Throw less hard and more smooth/fast. Weird concept to grasp I know, but less really is more. Should be able to hit 300' dead straight with that FD forehand, with some practice.

Solid bag though. I'd putt with the P1 personally. Whichever is more comfortable in your grip for putting, then just putt at stuff. 2L bottle on a stick that is stuck in the ground is great if you don't have a basket. And smaller than a basket, so if you can hit the bottle consistently you should be able to hit a basket no problem.

Don't change a thing now, just practice!

Latest posts