• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

First Time Registration Help

DGfan68

Par Member
Well, I have finally mustered enough courage to enter my first "real" tournament. (Fort Massac Disc Golf Tournament- http://www.discgolfunited.com/disc-golf-tournaments/tournament-dashboard.cfm/tourn_id/1175) But, me being me, I have waited till the last minute to reister on the Disc Golf United website and I don't have anyone to help me determine which classifiction to register under.

I am a PDGA member, but I do not have a rating. I am also 46 years old, so I would fall under the Masters category. When I am looking at all of the possible codes they list for registration, I am not positive which one I should use. The way I understand it, Masters is only for those who are Advanced. I played this course twice yesterday for the first time and shot an even and a plus 3.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. :eek:

Here are the codes-

MPO(1)
FPO(0)
MPM(0)
FPM(0)
MPG(0)
FPG(0)
MPS(0)
FPS(0)
MPL(0)
FPL(0)
MPE(0)
MA1(0)
FA1(0)
MM1(1)
MG1(3)
MS1(0)
MA2(1)
FA2(0)
MA3(5)
FA3(0)
MA4(1)
FA4(0)
ML1(0)
MJ1(1)
FJ1(0)
Wait List

The way I understand it, Masters is only for those who are Advanced.

Despite the name, not really. It's just that there's 1 division for Amateurs over 40. Depending on where you are, there can be some pretty advanced/skilled players playing, but also some who aren't.

I'd recommend MM1, for the fact that you'll be playing with other grown-ups. But you can choose one of the MA divisions and try to whip those kids, too.

Thanks for the help guys. As you can tell, I am continually a student of the game. As to the youngsters, when ever I do play with those twenty somethings, I always ask them if they are going to let this fat old man beat them. It gets in their heads and puts all the pressure on them. :D

Latest posts