• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Millennium] Guide to Millennium Run differences

RustyD

Hello, recently discovered a polaris-lf at PIAS and rather like it for forehands. I am curious to try a PLS and JLS, but Clearwater has multiple runs. Is there a good guide somewhere describing each of the runs?

I don't have tons of insight, but I do bag a few older millenium. Unlike other manufacturers, they actually number the runs (ie 1.3, 1.4) so you can target the runs you like. LS and LF are different discs altogether however, "long straight" and "long fade", and the letters before that indicates the plastic type. There are some experts around here though, so maybe they'll have some better info for you, because I'm confused by some of the plastic variants as well.

Last edited:
If you haven't tried a JLS yet just buy one and throw it. The few that I have thrown have all flown basically the same. The plastic has been the only real difference between the different runs, mainly the older runs had more grip, at least in the Millennium(pro) plastic.

Unless you are super picky and want to drop a bunch of money don't worry about the run numbers. I personally like the run 1.4 JLS in the Millennium(pro) plastic the best, but I'm not going to pay extra to get them.

I just picked up a 1.2 Sirius JLS and what I think is a 1.18 Millennium PLS. I love them for their thin rim, but know nothing about various runs, so I am curious as well.

Check out this page. It does not break down every single run of every Millennium mold, but it is a very good compilation of info.

Rusty, have you found any more info?

Anybody in general. Really liking the Polaris LS I have and curious to what the run differences are.

Regarding the PLS (strictly baseline)...

I have various ranging from FR-1.20. The mold pieces are extremely consistent: Cheetah top, Whippet bottom, no noticeable spacers. PLH tends to vary with materials used. I find early runs (pre CE) have higher PLH on average & wear faster. The CE run, 1.13, is consistently the flattest; they maintain their sweet-spot the longest IMO. Post CE runs are somewhere in between on both PLH & wear, again material dependent. Personally, I bag 1.15, 1.13, & FR.