• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Westside] Hard or medium harp?

Johny

What differences are between bt hard and bt medium harp's flight? Is there any difference in flight with new ones or which one get beated faster?

Thanks!

With the flight there is little to no difference, but I didn't like how easily the hard ones gouge. The slightly more gummy nature of the mediums make them more prone to warping but don't get abrasions as easily.

Just depends on what you like.

Personally I like the TP and BT Soft the best bit if you don't like Premium or soft plastic tags cool.

Base that decision on what plastic you like. Like most discs the plastic will change the stability a bit.

Personally, I like my tourney plastic for windy days that are not too cold. They are smooth and get a bit of skip. And seem the longest.

The hard are great for when it warms up and they just feel good because I was raised on hard dx like plastic.

The mediums I have feel really os and have a good grip. So likely they will transition me into the warmer months. Or be in Autumn bag.

Right now the softs are in the winter bag. They are super grippy and still os. They flat out stick on the green.

So really, because harps have made the in the bag spot I have them in various plastics to deal with various weather conditions.

The mediums will be more overstable for longer. But start the same stability. I prefer hards for the feel.

While we're on the subject, can y'all make comparisons between the BTs and the TP plastics in the Harp?

Mediums are best of both worlds so thats what I go with. A tic more skip than the softs but stay overstable longer than the hard.

While we're on the subject, can y'all make comparisons between the BTs and the TP plastics in the Harp?

I have found an almost negligible difference between the TP and the hard or medium in flight. For me (throw my Harps consistently 150 with 10 foot error ellipse, 180 with 15 foot error ellipse) however, the difference is the BT Soft as it is significantly more OS. In addition, there is certainly difference in landing. I find the TP closer to the medium on the ground, some slide/skip but it's consistent and predictable, the Hard/VIP (though VIP closer to Soft in flight) a bit more ground movement, Soft sticks.

Basically, I am of the opinion that if not cycling there is little need for premium and Hard/Medium together, but TP with a Soft is a killer combo.

You probably wont notice a difference where above was talking about. But the tp is a lot more over stable from my experience. I throw my harps flick 250-275 and backhand 300-325. The tp was stupid overstable and it would only hyzer, the bt i could get to glide some before dumping so i figured for that beefy shot i could throw a bt on hyzer and it would do the same flight as the tp. Plus bt hard has a better feel Imo

You probably wont notice a difference where above was talking about. But the tp is a lot more over stable from my experience. I throw my harps flick 250-275 and backhand 300-325.

Though this makes me question many things about my game (you are throwing your Harps as far as I throw my Northmen, the fastest disc in my bag), I love that in two posts we see the versatility of this mold. I specifically love it as it seems to me that the Harp is the sexy mold right now after everyone saw Ricky destroy courses with his this past season, so people want to try them. What I love with this though is how I feel we saw the same tjing with Destroyers after people saw McBeth shred with them. The nice thing here though, is while most people had no business picking up a Destroyer, the Harp in any number of plastic and weight variations fits so many different skill levels and styles of play.

Wonder with the Caltrop if Wysocki will move to it instead of the Harp. That being said. I do love my BT Hard Harp. It fits in on those OS shot where I can't use my Pure for upshots and for flicking. :)

I carry a VIP and BT Hard Harp. VIP constantly OS while the BT Hard beats in a little straighter. Use them on almost every hole. Both great off the tee and serve great wind putters. The best thing about harps are that the are so predictable FH and BH.

Latest posts