• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Help me find a new disc

Berger

Looking to add something to the bag. Prefer the feel of star and 400g plastic. Brand of disc don't matter on a new one but I'm looking for something a little longer then a teebird with maybe a touch of turn and around same fade at the end. Prefer to stay at or under 11 speed. Something workable for wooded course but can also be a useful open hole disc. I've been looking at a thunderbird, vengeance, or a grace but yall let me know what yall think fits this spot pleas

Sent from my SM-S536DL using Tapatalk

What is it about the beast? How'd it fly

I enjoy the Axiom Wrath for this slot personally. Neutron plastic comparable to star. For reference, I throw it about 300'. It's dead straight, maybe a touch of turn, and a decent but not overwhelming fade at the end. Super comfortable BH and FH.

Always always kinda been interested in the wrath but never pulled the trigger. My max distance disc is a d3 I can throw it around 400 on an open flat hole

What is it about the beast? How'd it fly

For my 3-350' range of an arm. It seems to require and do the things a teebird is there for. Straight and penetrating with a bit of turn.

Up until a few months ago I had a Grace straight with a slight fade and skip. Just wasn't using it since I was able to get more distance out of a Fission Photon, and Eclipse Wave. The Photon for my game is great for keeping a line in the woods, the Wave for wind play with more space in the woods or in the open around obstacles with skip, or a crosswind on my back at the tee. More distance with the Photon. A g-star Thunderbird maybe worth a look, I've only had it a few weeks, but works well with the wind on the practice field with fade.

Last edited:
The Star IT just made my bag.
Glides long and shapes shots well.
Especially good in the winter, where stand-and-deliver shots are at a premium

Looking to add something to the bag. Prefer the feel of star and 400g plastic. Brand of disc don't matter on a new one but I'm looking for something a little longer then a teebird with maybe a touch of turn and around same fade at the end. Prefer to stay at or under 11 speed. Something workable for wooded course but can also be a useful open hole disc. I've been looking at a thunderbird, vengeance, or a grace but yall let me know what yall think fits this spot pleas

My VIP Bear is longer than my Champion Teebird with just a bit less HSS (i.e. a bit more turn) and similar LSS (fade).

My ESP Anax is another step up in distance over my VIP Bear with similar HSS and LSS to my Champion Teebird.

Picked up a fx4 and a grace to give a go. More then likely trading a buddy for a star thunderbird tomorrow. Drawback to the thunderbird is the disc is blk

Thunderbird might be what you're looking for.

Latest posts