• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

HOD 1/22/2023: Ashe County Park Hole #3 Jefferson, NC

Bardu

* Ace Member *
Premium Member
Ashe County Park in Jefferson, NC

Blue 414 ft
White 228 ft

"The short tee for #3 could use a little bit better of a natural fairway. For those of us not brave enough to attempt throwing over the water on #3 long, the short tee wasn't great."

"#3 is a gut check toss no matter which arm you throw with. Basket is on the corner of the pond, on a dam. Be off a bit, and bye-bye buzz. To much power and your're chasing it another 400'"

"#3 is 400' over a pond from the longs. IMO the trees in front of the pad could use a little trimming because even if I had the arm for that shot I don't think the room is there. There is a short pad for your disc's safety."

"#3 long, sweet risky shot over the water. This hole is over 400 feet but plays a bit less."

White Tee
8b9b3eda.jpg

Blue Tee Drop Zone
5fc5fa8d.jpg

Basket to Tee
4c75a046.jpg

Tee Sign
8587a933.jpg

This is a course you should drive out of the way to play. It takes every shot to score well, and it kicks your @ss while doing it. I had a chance to tell Duvall how much I loved this course about 10 years ago and he said it was his favorite of all his designs, at least in the Carolinas.

RHBH Eagle, Pure upshot, retriever fetch Pure from lake, miss putt = 5

Fun course.

Star Wraith to hopefully stay dry on the left.

Valk or Xcal RHBH depending upon wind. Looks like a fun hole

PD to bite off some distance but ensure that I land dry. Likely a Tactic to mop up. On a calm day, I might go all in with a Cloudbreaker or Destroyer and go for Circle 1.

Add one more "great course to play. "

Long: Crank
Short: Tee Bird

White- Plasma Insanity
Blue- Star Mamba

Short: Lucid Verdict

Long: something I don't mind losing

This is the course that Jeremy Koling took like a 9 on a hole when he was up big in a tournament in either '13 or '14.

Latest posts