• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

HOD 10/7/2020: Idlewild Hole #11 Burlington, KY

Bardu

* Ace Member *
Premium Member
Idlewild in Burlington, KY

510 ft.

"11- When writing my notes, I simply put "Everything" for this hole. This is one of the toughest holes I've ever played as you start out throwing through the Y-shaped tree and have to contend with an endless amount of trees. Creek zig-zags back and forth and the basket is located on a turf-green which is mandatory to hit on your up-shot."

"11-The Y tree teases you as if you throw below the Y you won't have enough elevation to make the subsequent uphill gap beyond the Y..if you throw over the Y chances are you might throw nose up and hyzer badly in an embaressing manner. You have to throw it real tight to the split in the Y which of course could mean hitting the Y-tree...incredible thought provoking hole. If you make the gap and up to the clearing you still have a technical approach to another stream protected green doglrg L."

"#11 my favorite hole at Idlewood - tight downhill shot which opens up then leads to a wooded approach shot and a basket over the creek with OB surrounding it making it play like an island hole; the drop zone putt is over the creek!"

" #11 "KY Gap" (a;500',b;457') A.K.A. The "Signature hole" A downhill narrow fairway with thick brush on both sides. Drive thru the famous "Y" for setting yourself up for your second drive....careful on your placement you gotta land between the winding creek. Shot a 4. Feeling good, hit a 35' putt!"

"#11's Y tree is definitely a signature of the course."

"#11- Another island hole. I like the way the forked tree in the fairway is identified as a target on the tee sign. Shoot through the Y and your approach to the island basket on the left will open considerably."

"Hole 11 is just sick! You have to see it to believe it."

"Hole 11. 441' the Kentucky gap hole is one you will remember. You can either bomb a drive through the Y tree and go nuts when you have a chance for a low score or you can play the target area and play the hole like a surgeon. Be careful not land in the creek off the tee or on second shots. An OB created island green is present for those of you wanting a real challenge."

"#11 play it right no better feeling"

"#11 is simply a beautiful signature hole. From an elevated tee you shoot downhill thru a large tree that stands as a Y. You place your disc thru this Y and you miss all the trees to the left and right of the fairway...fly over the winding creek, hit the open field...hyzer sharply at the end..and skip down into a landing zone that has you looking 100feet or more at one of the smallest island greens you may ever see. Recently this hole was deuced by a Rec rated local golfer..and it was one hell of a teeshot and long putt...you will see triple circle 10's on this hole though if you aren't careful. A 4 is fairly easy as long as you hit the Y and play it safe."

"Hole 11 you throw downhill through a Y-shaped tree then over a hill to an awesome island green"

Tee
fead12e1.jpg

Tee
4ee149e2.jpg

Mid-Fairway
9b875df5.jpg

Basket
c95712e6.jpg

This looks very difficult and I'm really sort of struggling here with a good option. I feel like no matter how I try to go through the Y, I am taking a big gamble of ending in the water, so I'm going to take the safest route I can think and nose-up float a ringer GT to the edge of the creek and try to drive the second shot instead.

Old pictures not updated with the new 24 hole layout. The first pictures are from what is now #11 of 24, the picture in the 2nd post was #11 before the updates to the course.

Old hole 5, now 11, not the KY gap hole.

I like to either turn over a leopard or sometimes forehand a banshee off the tee and hope to finish somewhere as far up the hill as possible. A beat Roc up the tunnel to the basket and a putt for 3.

I've had a lot of drop in 4's on this one, plenty of 5's, 6's, and 7's, and a very small handful of 3's. I struggle trying to string together 2 really tough shots like this hole requires.

RHBH Underworld down the left hand gap with a slight hyzer

smart play would be to buzz my way to the basket

but thats not me i would roll the dice with my fizz volt or gstarrr sw x2 and ion for the drop in

This is a hole that is only difficult until you know what to expect. This is nothing more than a straight throw that starts fading once it leaves the trees (260-275). Then you have some trees to meander through to the "island" green. Lay up to the creek (if you're sliding you'll be stopped), and you have a 15 footer every day. Depending on your fade, you could be putting for the deuce.

RHBH Roadrunner and work it out from there.

ok, for the pictured hole, which is now #11 and not the "Y" hole which used to be #11.......

esp MJ comet slight turnover to get onto the incline, comet again, soft focus, and more than likely soft focus again

<I do not care for this hole much, at all>

Sorry for the mix-up guys! I was wondering when the descriptions weren't matching the pictures.

GStar Sidewinder

Luster leopard 3, either for the Y or the other one. I wanna play this course. The saddest part of my only trip to Cincinnati is that I got to play Mt Airy but had to bail on Idlewild.

Latest posts