• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

HOD 12/16/2022: Castle Hayne Park Hole #11 Wilmington, NC

Bardu

* Ace Member *
Castle Hayne Park in Wilmington, NC

472 ft.

"#11 - Par 4 that starts in the woods, you have to hit a gap on the right to an open fairway, then back into the woods and it turns left to the green."

Tee
ff581735.jpg

Mid-Fairway
a09dab43.jpg

Fairway
c9d01fbe.jpg

Tee Sign
5e9a46d5.jpg

Played course many many times. I've seen some players two this hole, but it takes an incredibly good shot to do it.

Play here is mid mid. The tree you see in the first picture is way more of a problem than people realize. I throw a flippy mid - a bounty - off the tee and focus on getting into the open you see on the second picture. Takes about 240 to get into perfect position. The miss is early left. Don't do that.

From there, it's a stable mid - I throw Z wasp here and is a pretty basic RHBH.

One of those holes that is very teeshot dependent. Good tee shot = pretty easy 3, worst case 4. Bad tee shot = 4 is a good score.
Great hole, great course.

I throw my RHFH go to - Roadrunner off the tee, like _MTL_ said, the key is to get into the open.
Then, whatever I need to go left, into the woods, around the corner. (The basket is around to the left, not viewable in the 3rd photo.)

Beat Lucid Maverick

fh resistor to the open. then depends, but from the looks of that fairway pic (basket on the right?) likely fh resistor again(possibly an bh ibex or rival if it really does need to finish left)

Looks fun! RHBH G* RR off the tee and figure it out from there.

I don't think the 1st available tree is there anymore.

FH PD into the open then either air shot a stable mid if you get right enough or a low hyzer skip with an OS driver if you're too left. FH roller if you're stuck on the left tree line. There's OB right and deep of the basket but not too hard to avoid.

Very nice looking hole.

Probably Comet to stable putter/Pig*.

If I'm having a good day I might try to S line a Pharaoh thru the gap.

*SQUEEE!

LHBH fade Fission Photon, turn back around approach Neutron Virus.

Latest posts