• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

HOD 12/3/2021: Whispering Falls DGC Hole #3 Greencastle, PA

Bardu

* Ace Member *
Premium Member
Whispering Falls DGC in Greencastle, PA

Pin A: 520 ft
Pin B: 270 ft

"#3 a tight fairway that plays straight but slightly uphill then drastically downhill and back up with very steep pitch on this up/down valley...use the rope to negotiate this valley-I am not kidding! 520 feet of up, dooooown! and uppp! to par 4 this one."

"Hole 3 - it's the craziest elevation on any hole I've ever seen and the reason to play here. I still can't fathom how any Park manager stood at the edge of the hill and said, "Sure, no problem". But I'm glad he did! Yes, the hill on 3-long is so steep that you have to hold onto the rope to go down the hill. Is this a safety issue? NO. The big hill is located on the latter half of the hole - there is a short red basket on 3 that completely avoids the hill. You are NOT FORCED to play one of the best hills in all of disc golf. So don't call it a safety issue - play the red basket and completely avoid the hill if it scares you."

Tee
b2ea21ab.jpg

Mid-Fairway
cb9a4041.jpg

Basket: A steep hill leads the way to a difficult Pin B. A rope on the left side of the hill can be used to descend
6e97818c.jpg

Basket to Tee
3c04ae97.jpg

The rope hole! Yes, that's a fun one.

Probably Star Roadrunner off the tee, try to keep it on the fairway, and scramble from there.

Origin, keep it on the fairway. Throw my approach and watch it roll 150 feet down the hill...

This reminds me of one of my favorite holes at one of my local courses. Brickyard DGC in Menomonie, WI has basically a plateau to plateau shot with what's probably 100' nearly straight down in between. It's only a 250'ish hole tho.

I'd probably go insanity>hex to stay in the fairway.

We need ferretdance03 to chime in on this one. :hfive:

Would probably throw a JLS or maybe a beat OLF for the short pin and for the drive on the long pin. Hopefully end up at the crest of the hill and be able to see the long basket. Then probably an Aviar for the downhill approach.

4 Ibuprofen to get down and up this hill to the yellow basket.

Either a Avenger SS or Glo Beast to get to the top of the hill to throw down to yellow or to putt on red.

Looks awesome!

Roadrunner to start. Maverick or Comet after that. Just want to stay out of jail.

the smart me says esp MJ comet to the red pin and same to the basket

the real me tries to lace an ar heat over the drop and pitch up with a soft focus

Buzzz>Comet>putt?

Hard to tell how far the drop is from the tee...if it's reachable and the ceiling isn't too low might be going Valkyrie or Roadrunner for a throw in 2 look. Not a clue.

Or plinko if I shank my drive.