• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

HOD 5/29/2021: Tully Lake DGC Hole #10 Royalston, MA

Bardu

* Ace Member *
Premium Member
Tully Lake DGC in Royalston, MA

533 ft.

"Favourite hole: #10. A long (500'+) downhill shot, with a broad access road forming the fairway. Thick trees along both sides of the road, with the left side falling steeply away from the road, too. A moderate left turn needed at roughly the one third point, and the thick canopy above preventing a throw from going too high."

"Hole 10 is one of my favorite "puzzle" holes. It is a particularly tricky par 4 where placement is key. Good strategy and pinpoint control are needed to succeed on this hole."

"Hole 10 is, oddly, a favorite of many, and yet it's one of the jinkiest layouts in disc golf, as though planned by a man that had not in his life thrown a Frisbee. There's no tee pad, but the area one is expected to tee from is, literally, about 95 feet from a ninety degree, sharp dogleg left to a looong straight road. So, put any "arm" at all into your initial shot and you will either go straight into the far trees, or hyzer into the deep ditch on the left of the roadway; that is to say, there's no good way to play the tee shot other than a counterintuitive putter shot to lay up at the "joint" 95 feet away, and then have a stab at the 300 foot perfectly straight downhill to the pin on your second shot. Anything off the road on either side will force you to use the ropes to climb into the steep ditch, and will score you a triple bogey in less time than it takes to soil yourself when you spy what you're up against from the bottom of the roadside trench. I favor this hole about as much as I favor ants at my picnic."

Tee
6a60d657.jpg

Approach
a26181f5.jpg

Basket
0de45425.jpg

Cryztal flx Roach to Star Roadrunner to Roach.

Play for a 4.

Latest posts