• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

HOD 6/14/2023: Pickard Park Hole #14 Indianola, IA

Bardu

* Ace Member *
Premium Member
Pickard Park in Indianola, IA

Long 606 ft
Short 435 ft

"-14, another par 4 with a big drop into a creek if your drive goes too far. The play is a left-finishing tee shot that goes about 350, then a midrange across to a green which has a few tricky trees hiding around."

"Hole 14, the signature downhill bridge hole has a great approach. As you near the creek at the bottom of the hill, the woods funnel you to the line over the bridge. After crossing you must climb a bit on the other side to the pin. I got my second shot across the bridge and a good way up the other side. Felt great to make the par putt on that one."

"- Hole #14. The prettiest hole on the course, in my opinion. Really gorgeous, especially in the fall. But like smoking hot supermodel, she can be a real *****. From the long tee it's a semi-dogleg right into the fairway. If you hit your mark you'll have a 250-foot shot that has to make it downhill, over a creek, and through a tunnel of hanging trees to be set up for a birdie. The fact that the Amazon is to the left AND right of you only adds anxiety to your shot."

"#14 -What a view of the hole from the bench! Another signature layout. Get onto the tee and you lose sight of the pin, so do take some time to rest... Big arms may have a shot at clearing the creek on their downhill drive (?), but for me it was the second throw where it came into play. The bridge that crosses the creek can give the impression (a wrong one) that your disc needs to go beyond it to clear water. No worries, unless there is a lot flooding, you only need to air it past the first third of the bridge."

Tee
4c5f0ee8.jpg

Tee Sign
7a633848.jpg

The top photo is hole #11.

Fission Wave

Latest posts