• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

HOD 8/11/2021: Noble DGC Hole 8 in Noble, OK

fritothedog

* Ace Member *
Course Rating of 4.03 from 18 reviews

Hole 8
Par 3
Pin A: 420 ft.
Pin B: 385 ft.

Tee:
14b60efa.jpg

Approach:
d45fdc90.jpg

Course Map

In the first pic it looks like there is a basket dead ahead. I'm guessing that is the 385' distance and the 420' is back in the woods, per the map.

I'd throw a D3 off the tee as far as i can get it, on a good day that is about 370'.

Pin A: throw a Rhyno or Roc3 into the woods using the fade to make the turn in the woods
Pin B: Pure to finish from the tee shot

RHBH straight to hyzer shot into the open space left of the path (probably with a Trespass) then spike hyzer over the trees to the basket with a Fireball. Or maybe a thumber for the second shot depending how far it is after the drive.

In the first pic it looks like there is a basket dead ahead. I'm guessing that is the 385' distance and the 420' is back in the woods, per the map.

It's in the woods to the left of the path.

This is a great course and I recommend it to anyone. I gave it a 4.0 of 5. My biggest problem with it is that (like on this hole) it throws too close to paths. Fortunately, there aren't many pedestrians in my experience.

On this one, it's a pretty long reach to the trees unless you have a very big arm. I seem to remember it being a gentle uphill, though it's probably just because I can't throw as far as I like to think.

If calm, I'd go ESP Thrasher RHBH, try to end up just short of the trees, then likely a little forehand Buzzz, Zone, or Firebird tommy into the green depending where I end up. If windy, probably and ESP Surge backhand or a Big Z Vulture forehand.

Star Shryke for either pin

Latest posts