• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

HoD 8/30/19 - #2 at Wild Apple Disc Golf in Osseo, WI

fishballer06

Eagle Member
Today's hole of the day is hole #2 at Wildapple Disc Golf in Osseo, WI. A little info on the course and this hole.

Description: Fee=$5/day. Open Sundays or by appointment call 715.797.4063.

Expanded from 18 to 27 holes late in 2012. Original sheep pasture 9 has multiple routes and multiple tees on several holes with challenging approaches in and out of woods. The second 9 hole loop is a mostly wooded hillside except for the open ridge top 710' #17. The third 9 hole loop is all through wooded areas with some more short hillside holes.

The course has a good mix of long, short, right and left. New Mach 5 baskets on 18 holes and a mix of baskets on the other 9. Tees are mostly carpet on dirt. There are three brick tees, and some dirt/grass tees.

"Aces Wild" overlay course uses alternative tees and goals to create an ace run course for a shot at the goal from every tee, which is also great for beginners. The old pole hole sized "chime" targets are used on some of these holes.

In total, there are 33 baskets plus a number of chime targets. 12 of the Wildapple holes have alternate basket positions. A total of 55 tees exist with some holes having as many as 7 to choose from. Most tees are carpet on packed dirt although there are a few brick tees and a few natural grass tees.

Designer: Don Ticknor

Blue Tee: 350ft (par 3)

947e6a35.jpg

This is the blue tee taking the wide route on the right.

d51f4b89.jpg

This is the same tee, showing the straight on, or wide left approach.

Looks like I'd play the straight on route with a FH Sexton Firebird.

RHFH Tesla down the left and hope I have an upshot

second pic looks like 2 pins so
Course Map
left is just a wide route... going that way with firestorm

RR anny around the left side.

Frolfing in the snow is dumb.

Welcome to Wisconsin! I personally don't disc much in the snow either, but that limits the discing season to about 6-7 months, depending upon the spring.

This course is not too far from me at all, always meaning to play it, just never have.

I respectfully decline. Being a Florida Man does not allow me to fully appreciate the finer nuances of throwing in the snow.

Any disc that is not white if I got to play in weather like that.

Eh, Air Trespass it is

Latest posts