• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

HOD 9/28/2020: Canoe Creek State Park Hole #4 Frankstown, PA

Bardu

* Ace Member *
Premium Member
Canoe Creek State Park in Frankstown, PA

360 ft.
327 ft.

"#4, from the reds. 327', slightly downhill. There's a thick wall of evergreens about 300' from the tee. The pin is 10' feet past the trees and 30' to the left of the first tree on the right, It's simple enough, but boy is that fun."

"#4. About 350', basket only approachable from the right side. Too short and you'll have large white pines between you and the basket, too long or too far right, and you'll have brush and/or additional trees to deal with - need a well placed initial shot for a simple approach/putt on your second shot."

Hole #4 Tee: Basket in between evergreen trees
f8bb88d2.jpg

Basket
5971bec9.jpg

Basket to Tee
2390f644.jpg

Pro Wraith for placement. Zone into the pines for a 3.

Probably rhbh Thunderbird for both.

This calls for a GStar Sidewinder

I thought that I recognized both of those quotes from the course reviews and I was right. The first is mine and the 2nd is Swatso. :thmbup:

I used to throw an OLF but would probably have to disc up to a Tern now. (And would still come up short, sadly.)

Fun course if you're in the area. I haven't been there in a couple years, unfortunately. And I miss jblough's pics... the first two. Something about them was just pleasant to look at. Filters maybe? I do t think that he's been logged on in years.

Last edited:

Latest posts