• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Hole of the Day 5/4/2010

From the Short: Star Mako
Long: I'm thinking Hyzer Flipped Sidewinder

rhfh my champ destroyer. Nice and low to the ground, that way, it can go straight down the lefthand gap and skip right at the end, leaving my (hopefully) close to the hole.

From the long:
LHBH, hyzer around the trees in the middle with a Comet.
From the short:
Straight up the gut with a Warlock.

The left fairway is ok on this hole, but hit an early tree and you're gonna scramble to get par. The higher percentage shot is a big honkin hyzer with a boss and hope it gets thru the trees on the right protecting the basket. Even if it hits them, you generally still have a long putt for birdie.

Short tee, I'm going right at it with a Wizard or Ion. Long tee, probably an anhyzer with an Inferno.

Short: Cryztal buzz.

Long: Esp Wasp hyzer line

(LHBH)

Short: flicking a Ch Rhyno right at it.
Long: Most likely a Z Pred on a low line down the L route. Wish I could throw OH--a perfect hole for one.

The left fairway is ok on this hole, but hit an early tree and you're gonna scramble to get par. The higher percentage shot is a big honkin hyzer with a boss and hope it gets thru the trees on the right protecting the basket. Even if it hits them, you generally still have a long putt for birdie.

This is what I usually go for here, I high hyzer... sometimes it makes it sometime it doesnt. I dont think going down the middle will give you much of a chance as you'll definitely hit a tree and struggle like Adam says. An anhyzer might be the shot but you still run the risk of snagging a tree early.

This is what I usually go for here, I high hyzer... sometimes it makes it sometime it doesnt. I dont think going down the middle will give you much of a chance as you'll definitely hit a tree and struggle like Adam says. An anhyzer might be the shot but you still run the risk of snagging a tree early.

On the approach picture, how far is the first tree on the right (in the row of three or four trees) from the basket? It looks like a good 40-50 ft. I had originally though about a low hyzer/skip shot, but think I'd still have a long way to go.

Depending on the wind, I'd either toss a turnover with a comet, or flex a predator in there through the left gap.

edit: I wouldn't play the short tee, too short and boring.

Nice little hole. I'd either use my Reaper with a RHFH shot...but that might be a little short of a hole for teh Reaper.
I'd also try to anny my stingray or perhaps I'd throw a big hyzer with the whippet, gator, or Viper....

11X Champ Firebird thumber over the left side, hooking back right to the pin. That should just about do it.

On the approach picture, how far is the first tree on the right (in the row of three or four trees) from the basket? It looks like a good 40-50 ft. I had originally though about a low hyzer/skip shot, but think I'd still have a long way to go.

Yeah, it's a good 50ft with a slight uphill. The pine and other trees force you to keep your approach shot a little lower than you'd like.

Latest posts