• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Hole of the Day 5-7-2010

RHINESEL

Double Eagle Member
William Cameron Park in Waco, TX

Hole #11

Two Tees. Tee "A" 432 ft Tee "B" 314 ft. Par 4, Pro Par 3

Tee "A" (long) is a dog leg right. After the short dogleg, shares fairway with tee "B".
Tee "B" (short) is a straight shot. Basket is in the group of trees next to the walkway.

Tee "A"
4d8e353f.jpg

Tee "B"
de077355.jpg

Basket
3da6ffdd.jpg

Course map:
http://www.dgcoursereview.com/course_files/868/868cab8c.pdf

Tee "A" I'm throwing an ESP XL RHBH to anny the dogleg. Follow with a Star Teebird or an ESP Buzzz

Tee "B" I'm throwing a Star Teebird RHBH to the right of that one lonely tree in the middle of the fairway and let it fade in.

A Tee is most likely a FH Starfire, but I am still trying to figure out how far I might expect to get that shot. I might even consider trying a BH shot and skipping under the trees after going to the right of the dogleg tree, probably with my Surge SS.

B Tee, if I was forced to play it, is probably a Stalker or Buzzz right at it BH.

Tee A: I'm going balls out, big flex with a Pred, clean up the pieces with an ION.

Tee B: Probably an Eagle, on a little anny. Maybe a Neb if I'm feeling frisky.

Tee A: I'm flicking a teebird around the leg, and finishing up with my JK Pro Aviar.
Tee B: Probably BH the stalker up the gut, or go for the Comet shot depending on the ceiling.

Tee A: Try to flip over a Katana or a Surge, and then probably Roc or Cro from there.

Tee B: This is just right for a nice, straight fairway driver. Maybe a Teebird or a Stalker if I'm feeling average, or if I'm feeling manly, an ESP Cyclone.

This hole looks like a roller's paradise.

Tee A: Beat Avenger X, will make that turn on it's own, possibly an Avenger Z flex shot, condition depending

Tee B: Roc, to the right a bit or Gazelle, hyzer

I am assuming that the walking path is OB, as they often are.

Tee A: LHBH a slight hyzer with my Star Destroyer, then finish up with the Wolf or Voodoo depending on what I have left.

Tee B: LHBH straight with my Star Orc, should set it close enough for a decent put with the SS

Tee A: FH Z Pred, try to cut as close to the corner of the dog leg as I can and that should put me about the middle of the fairway and as close as I can get; follow with a conservative upshot to hit par.

Tee B: BH Hyzer-flip Z Xpress, S to the right of the basket and fade back in. Should give me a shot at bird.

depending on the wind I'd throw a teebird or predator, but try the same shot with both: a nice straight shot out to about 375' so setup the easy approach for a 3. If the wind is just right, I'll break out my beat up Z Pred and try and crush a flex shot up into putting range - but I'm not normally that aggressive on holes that I can't reach :|

LHBH

Short: ESP XL, hopefully tapping in for 2.

Long: ESP XL, long and straight fading to the right. short upshot, tap in 3.

Might also try to anny a pred to get maximum distance and fade towards the basket, but I would quickly realize i'd get better distance and control with the Xl

A: depending on the turn on the dogleg I might either flex something stable around the turn like a pred or I might throw my flippy SOLF or eagle high and let it hit the turn for me.

Might also throw a BH roller.

B: Comet

Short: FLX XL, RHBH, slight S curve giving me a chance for bird.
Long: Z Comet, RHBH, high arcing anny giving me an easy upshot and a toss in for par.

Long; not much of an angle on the dogleg, so I'd just flip a roadrunner around the corner and up and down from there.

Short, depends on the wind; probably do a teebird around the right.

Longs: I'd probably throw my Wraith with some anny getting me around the corner. then a mako on in
Short: Sidewinder or Katana

Anybody know if that dogleg is a mando?
From the long tee, assuming you have to play the leg, I'm throwing the Champ Starfire.
If that dogleg isn't a Mando, I may just try to figure out a way to wiggle through those trees and cut this hole down with either the Reaper or Whippet...Viper if I'm going to need some roll.

Short tees...I'd probably take a nice easy FH with either the Surge SS or Vision...

Latest posts