• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Interdiction of myself and home course!

Hi first time poster here. I was looking for a community to discuss my course and other course design topics, seems I found the right place.
My course is on my nearly 13 acre plot of land outside of York pa. I'm almost at 1 year into the design and building of the course. All 18 holes are cut and mostly cleared and I have the 18 baskets. The course is a par 54 and about 4500'+ long.
Here's my Facebook page for the course. Check it out and tell me what you think of the progress so far.
https://www.facebook.com/groups/374372800593883/

Look forward to discussing course design!
Gregg

That is a gorgeous piece of property you have. Wow! Oh yeah, and welcome to the site. This is the place to go to to talk course design. There are some outstanding course designers on here, not me lol. But I just played some western PA courses last fall and it's ridiculous. In a great way. Keep us posted on updates :thmbup:

Did you intend to say introduction? Because if it's an interdiction you need, it appears to be too late. I'd have warned you of the dangers of spending your future years doing course work, instead of playing disc golf.

Did you intend to say introduction? Because if it's an interdiction you need, it appears to be too late. I'd have warned you of the dangers of spending your future years doing course work, instead of playing disc golf.

That goes well with the fact I put "dcg" instead of "dgc" lol.
I'm fine with the work on the course, it's only improving the property even if the course wasn't there!

Indeed it is.

My brother and I have a private course, and the fairways are also walking and ATV trails (and sometimes horseback trails and hunting lanes), that we'd probably never cut and maintain if not for disc golf.

Looks like you have a beautiful price of property, and any excuse to be out on it -- working or playing -- is an excuse well used.

Indeed it is.

My brother and I have a private course, and the fairways are also walking and ATV trails (and sometimes horseback trails and hunting lanes), that we'd probably never cut and maintain if not for disc golf.

Looks like you have a beautiful price of property, and any excuse to be out on it -- working or playing -- is an excuse well used.

Ya I've actually got a friend who hunts, he's been here more then most discgolf players helping to clear the woods. Obviously it benefits him, I'll close the course for him for a few weeks in the fall.
I honestly just love cleaning out all the invasive plants and developing the property into something useful. A lot of the property when I was younger we used to ride our trail quads though what is now the course.

Course looks fun, and only an hour or so away, so I look forward to playing there.

Will you be open in the fall/winter?

Course looks fun, and only an hour or so away, so I look forward to playing there.

Will you be open in the fall/winter?

We plan on opening as a pay for play the end of August. We run a league now that would let you play the course now. Join the fb for the updates!

Latest posts