• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Jack Daniels 2016 all innova/discmania bag

Jack Daniels

Birdie Member
Ok so without going into too much detail I need help building an all Innova bag. It can also consist of Discmania and Millennium but that's it. I have thrown Innova molds but just previously only bagged PDs and FDs. So I have a lot of holes to fill and discs to try. I'm not familiar with a lot of their molds because they have so many so any help would be awesome!

RHBH primarily but I also have a pretty comfortable FH shot.

Putters: 275 Mids: 300 Fairways: 325-350
Distance: 375-400 max(if I'm lucky)

Looking to bag around 20 discs around 10-12 molds. This will be my tourney bag and cover all the shots. With the exception of the PD/FD all of these molds are brand new to my bag and only have about a week of throwing them.

Distance:

OS Distance?? Maybe try a PD2
Stable Distance?? Destroyers maybe
175g Champ Tern- Max D decent turn with a nice fading finish
175g Gstar Tern- More turn, sky anys, hyzer flips

Control:

172g Star Firebird- OS utility
168g C PD- Straight with a strong fade
175g Champ Thunderbird- flies just like my seasoned S PDs out of the box

Fairway:

172g C FD- 2nd run nice beefy
172g C FD- 4th run dead straight minimal fade
172g G FD- turnover but don't care for it that much...
US fairway? Not feeling the G FD so maybe something else here. Pro Leoperds or something similar

Mid:

OS utility mid maybe a Gator?
180 Champ Roc3- stable line shaping mid nice fade
Straight mid? Since I'm liking the roc3 I may try to cycle in some mcpro,kc pro or dx rocs for this slot
US mid? Maybe a mako3,coyote or something...

Putters:

175g S P2- stable off the tee and up shots
175g Glow Aviar- beat US turnover, floaters
2x 175g Mcpro Aviar- Main putting putters

Shred?

OS Distance?? Maybe try a PD2
Stable Distance?? Destroyers maybe
175g Champ Tern- Max D decent turn with a nice fading finish
175g Gstar Tern- More turn, sky anys, hyzer flips

I'm a fan of mold minimalism, so I'd use just Destroyers here. A fresh max weight star is plenty beef for most things I need. A Gstar Destroyer is a great flippy distance disc too once you hit a tree or two.

172g G FD- turnover but don't care for it that much...
US fairway? Not feeling the G FD so maybe something else here. Pro Leoperds or something similar

Have you tried the S FD? Noticeably more under stable than the C line for me. Although the it's hard to go wrong with a Leopard

OS utility mid maybe a Gator?
Straight mid? Since I'm liking the roc3 I may try to cycle in some mcpro,kc pro or dx rocs for this slot
US mid? Maybe a mako3,coyote or something...

I bag a Gator for certain courses and super windy days, but most times a slightly domey Roc is all I need. McPro Roc3's cycle well for me, as well as DX. Which will in turn work very well for the US slot as well.
Although I do bag a Mako3 as an "out of the box flippy Roc." Good enough for Brinster, good enough for me.

I have the same power and a very similar bag.
I don't know what you don't like G-star but that is what I use for US FD but a P-line might be worth a shot.

For Distance I use Wraiths so you could try star for stable distance. But it might come down to preference of feel between destroyers and Wraiths.

For Mids I cycle Rocs. If you need a new straight Roc I would suggest a DX vroc.

I have champ Roc3 for reliable fade and stability. I also bag a Gator but it does not fly as far as Rocs but it is more reliable in the wind out to 250 but over that I use a firebird.

Yup! Haha don't tell my friends..

I'm a fan of mold minimalism, so I'd use just Destroyers here. A fresh max weight star is plenty beef for most things I need. A Gstar Destroyer is a great flippy distance disc too once you hit a tree or two.

Ok good call I was thinking about ordering a pro and see if it beats into that Tern slot. I'll try a G star too. Bad thing is with destroyers is they all vary so much. It's nice for mold minimizing but since I will be getting all of these from Innova I won't be able to sort through a stack and find flat ones with the lower PLH I like.

Have you tried the S FD? Noticeably more under stable than the C line for me. Although the it's hard to go wrong with a Leopard

I haven't thrown one yet but I have held them. I have a hard time with really domey discs and in that hard S line they don't feel right. I just remembered they're doing a proto run in P line so I may try a couple of those and see.

I bag a Gator for certain courses and super windy days, but most times a slightly domey Roc is all I need. McPro Roc3's cycle well for me, as well as DX. Which will in turn work very well for the US slot as well.
Although I do bag a Mako3 as an "out of the box flippy Roc." Good enough for Brinster, good enough for me.

Haha nice I just watched that in the bag. And I've thrown buzzes since I started disc golf so the mako3 will feel pretty close. Also I will season up some mcpro roc3s if they still have them. If not I'll try DX.

I have the same power and a very similar bag.
I don't know what you don't like G-star but that is what I use for US FD but a P-line might be worth a shot.

For Distance I use Wraiths so you could try star for stable distance. But it might come down to preference of feel between destroyers and Wraiths.

For Mids I cycle Rocs. If you need a new straight Roc I would suggest a DX vroc.

I have champ Roc3 for reliable fade and stability. I also bag a Gator but it does not fly as far as Rocs but it is more reliable in the wind out to 250 but over that I use a firebird.

Yeah something about that really soft G star in the FD mold just didn't fit right. I'm going to try the P FD and see if that covers it.

I do like the feel of Wraiths but they seem to be closer to my PDs in distance. Where is the Tern I can clearly get out afurther. Destroyers are hit and miss deoends if I get a too overstable one or a nice one with some turn where I can actually get good distance.

I'm a range (or two) shorter than you on power but still want to mention the Panther as another (more) US mid option. very much like the Fuse if you happen to have thrown that lat 64. IMHO, it's a good under stable step from the pretty straight flying Mako.

good luck with the set-up and no teebird?

I'm happy with my mids:

(3) DX Roc's (various stages of wear)
(1) Roc3 (dependable fade left)
(1) Champ Mako3 (flies straight for days)

Fairway:

G* Teebird my goto, throws pretty straight with soft fade.
C-LINE FD2 fades hard left

I have a champ TL (Teebird-L) that flies more like a new champ Teebird (straight with medium fade) I think in Star or G* plastic it would fly true to its flight numbers.

I'm a range (or two) shorter than you on power but still want to mention the Panther as another (more) US mid option. very much like the Fuse if you happen to have thrown that lat 64. IMHO, it's a good under stable step from the pretty straight flying Mako.

good luck with the set-up and no teebird?

Awesome I'll keep that in mind!

And yeah it's pretty sac-religious to throw an innova bag with no Teebird. If I didn't have the 2nd run FD I would probably be throwing some flat brinster Teebird in their steed as they are a bit easier and cheaper to replace. But until then I'll keep with the FDs

Ok so I've been trying out a few things

180g DX glow San Marino roc- this was a freshly a friend let me try. Already able to flip it up pretty dead straight with a nice fade so I'm stoked to see what it beats into. And then steel it from him...
Also idk where to find SM glow rocs so hopefully I don't fall in love too much.. Will be trying DX roc3 soon hopefully

175g metal flake champ gator- don't care for the dome but the fight is amazing. Just what j was looking for in an OS mid. Will be trying to find some flat ones. Not sure how the MF fly compared to standerd champs but the usual is more stable?

175g P FDs- I have 2 in the way to try. Hoping to fill that US fairway slot

Slew of destroyers. Have 4 I'm trying out now and would like to get some more info on the DS molds if you guys can recognize any. Posted this in the Destroyer thread but figured I'd share here as well.

168g Yellow Pro nice turn max d. Still freshish

171g Orange AJ *DS my favorite. Orange swirly true to the numbers. Would love to find more like this.(also to note it's AJ stamp is smaller then the others. Is this older or newer?)

175g Orange AJ *DS this one may be close to a Vulcan type wing but not as much. Maybe you guys can help. More stable then my other and not near as far

167g Red *DS flattest and most firm. Highest PLH and blunt nose and this thing is crazy OS. Like more then my firebirds. Even on turned over forehands it pops back hard and quick. Not sure what run this is.

So I've been bagging the proto P FDs and man I love these things! Really hope they go into production this is the first US fairways I've actually clicked with. They start out really neutral like my seasoned 4th run c line and beat to hyzer flip city but not too touchy

Star Ontario Rocs are pretty much flip up to straight right out of the box, and a little easier to find than glow SM if I recall.

And I agree- flat Gators are the best Gators. The Rings versions are all flat and beefy.

I just so happen to have both of these discs, if you're interested in them hit me up.

Star Ontario Rocs are pretty much flip up to straight right out of the box, and a little easier to find than glow SM if I recall.

And I agree- flat Gators are the best Gators. The Rings versions are all flat and beefy.

I just so happen to have both of these discs, if you're interested in them hit me up.

Awesome thanks for the info! I just PM'd you a link to my trade thread maybe we can do some swapping 👍🏼

C-line FD works well for me as a slightly understable control driver. My Star TL is stable to slightly overstable; the Teebird has a more consistent fade.

Also, if you like the Roc3 but want a beadless variety, look into the Shark3. It's more consistently OS for me, and I'm getting to where I prefer the beadless Shark3 to the beaded Roc3..

C-line FD works well for me as a slightly understable control driver. My Star TL is stable to slightly overstable; the Teebird has a more consistent fade.

Also, if you like the Roc3 but want a beadless variety, look into the Shark3. It's more consistently OS for me, and I'm getting to where I prefer the beadless Shark3 to the beaded Roc3..

Yeah I'm bagging 3 FDs right now and that's it for fairways(PDs and Firbirds for distance/utility) P FD for flippy, 4th run C line for dead straight no fade and then a 2nd run C line that's pretty beefy. Reminds me of my 11x CAL flat teebird 👍🏼

That's cool to I will about the shark3. Had I known I would've tried that. But now I'm actually starting to like the feel of the roc3 bead. And since I'm also getting so DX rocs finally beat I don't want to introduce another mold into the mix. I'm not neciserily a crazy minimilist but I like to keep it a simple as possible with overthinking it.

Thanks again on the suggestions!

your bag sure looks like mine about a year ago. FD is such a great disc. The shark3 isn't a bad disc. One of our local pros throws a shark3 for a slight turnover to finish flat on a uphill hole all the time. Roc3 in star might not be a bad disc to look at. Be a nice stable mid when you need something between a roc3-gator combo. Personally I haven't had a chance to try one and see what its like.

your bag sure looks like mine about a year ago. FD is such a great disc. The shark3 isn't a bad disc. One of our local pros throws a shark3 for a slight turnover to finish flat on a uphill hole all the time. Roc3 in star might not be a bad disc to look at. Be a nice stable mid when you need something between a roc3-gator combo. Personally I haven't had a chance to try one and see what its like.

Yeah I haven't thrown any star rocs at all yet. Mainly because most the ones I feel are in the domey side. I absolutes have to have flat mids or I just can't throw for some reason. Probably all those years I threw buzzz's. Got a mako3 coming in as well as about 4 different DX rocs. Mid line up should be money here soon I hope.

Latest posts