• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Japanese Courses

timg

* Ace Member *
Gold level trusted reviewer
Premium Member
I just went through and added all the Japanese courses and wanted to add a disclaimer just in case anyone here is planning on taking a trip out there.

The latitude/longitude is extremely general, I could only find the cities for the most part and attempting to figure out how to find the street address through google maps (without reading Japanese) is virtually impossible. I thought it'd be nice to have at least general indications of where a course is if you were browsing via the map view. Some I couldn't even find the city. Also, the Landscape/Terrain on most is just filler since I couldn't find any sort of course information.

As far as other courses in other countries (including the US), most of the lat/long is spot-on. There are a few (very few) where I had to do a best guess but even those will put you in the immediate area of the course for the most part.

japan is a great country to play in, i've played the japan open at the old course in nishi-tachikawa and am planning on going to the JO this year at natsu highlands. they really make the disc golfer feel appreciated and welcome. i highly recommend it.

I'd love to play there.. just wish I could find the courses for the site! :)

If you have a clue as to where some of those are please feel free to fill in the lat/lon. I couldn't make head or tails of the google maps (as they were all in Japanese) and the course descriptions provided no information. I think I did manage to find somewhat accurate lat/lon for one course but the rest were really just indications of where the cities are.

man i have no clue, japan is very difficult to navigate intentionally (goes back to war days). two former world disc golf champions are there in tokyo giving the game a push for the last few years, john ahart and sam ferrans. john gave me this name and address for a direct japanese contact...

Mr. Yokota, JPDGA Manager
[email protected]

perhaps he can help you find some of them

Well, I'm not too concerned. If any Japanese players make their way to the site then maybe they'll be nice enough to fill in the gaps.

Latest posts