• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Join the inbounds Disc Golf Testing Team

inbounds

Eagle Member
We have the need for some additional throwers on the inbounds Disc Golf testing team.

inbounds Disc Golf uses as many credible data sources as possible when developing our flight charts. In those cases where we don't have manufacturer or other independent flight ratings available, we have a team of testers that assist in determining the flight ratings.

We're currently looking for players that:

• Can throw all discs at their intended speed
  • Can evaluate disc flight in a thorough and meaningful way
  • Can throw new discs and provide ratings within a week
  • Live in a climate where discs can be tested all year

In exchange for your assistance and insight, you'll be provided discs to test and then use at your discretion as well as periodic inbounds Disc Golf swag.

If you think you might be interested in joining our testing team and fit our criteria, please complete the following form:

https://docs.google.com/forms/d/15MMHjwI8RLwtaKY4qmkEUZxZlSxqQu7u51RzUUTdgME/viewform

Thanks in advance!

Would love to help you guys out with this but the last point in your criteria is where it gets me. If you want some help from a player in WI, I would be glad to help you out.

I am curious what you mean by a climate that can be playable all year round. I can play year round, but once the snow flies it changes how I throw a little (run versus no runup), but I do play all year.

I would be very interested and I can throw out my qualifications if this happens to be the forum to do so.

I can do all those but the resume my not show that I can. I've only been playing for 1.5 years but I'm a 952 rated golfer and I'm only going up by each update. I have a good knowledge of disc golf and I know how to chunk a disc.

Just don't be mislead on the years of my experience. Look to hear back from y'all soon.

Why look for people who can only throw all discs at their intended speed? Most people aren't getting warp speed drivers up to speed. It might be beneficial to add a power level option to your chart.

Yeah I don't have much proof since I'm more the MikeC type (minus the filming), but submitted anyway.

Why look for people who can only throw all discs at their intended speed? Most people aren't getting warp speed drivers up to speed. It might be beneficial to add a power level option to your chart.

I second that, though you could probably fake that now by just doing some basic math (add +10% to the HSS and 5% to the LSS for every 50 feet less that someone throws, or something like that?).

Anyway, the year-round bit takes me out. :)

Do you guys use a pre-built form your testers use to fill out evaluations of their disc testing?

Basically, I'm wondering how you aggregate all the data from your testers on a specific disc?

Without getting into feature additions/changes or our methodology/process, the testers need to be able to get the discs up to their intended speed to fully explore the flight potential of a disc which is why we don't have players with slower arms evaluate our discs.

Do you guys use a pre-built form your testers use to fill out evaluations of their disc testing?

Basically, I'm wondering how you aggregate all the data from your testers on a specific disc?

The testers evaluate using the same predetermined scale which is then converted to the relative stability scale.

I threw my hat in the ring. I don't have a cannon, but I feel like I can do myself justice. I'd love to have the opportunity to contribute to the work that inbounds does. Plus, I live in New Orleans, so I can throw year round.

We'll see what they think.

I applied; I bomb and I have a yard to bomb in all year round. Inbounds you rock, whether you pick me or not keep up the good fight.

I've played with gwillim and will attest he can get discs up to speed. Then again, he's left handed ... not that there's anything wrong with that, just sayin'.

IMHO, choosing a group of players that all have the same arm speed is the best way to get a consistant sample of flight ratings. Just makes sense to choose the guys that have the fastest throws.

that said, Having played with New013 a handful of times at both Flyboy and Hawk Hollow, he's a great fit and has my recommendation.

We're currently looking for players that:

Just applied.
I throw 270-300 so I cannot get Speed 12 and above up to speed, but I can throw Speed 11 and below. If the qualification was "can get certain discs up to their intended speed" then I qualify.
My distance is representative of the great majority of players.
A player like me can give valuable feedback about how lower power players throw. Frankly, knowing what a high powered player can do has no value at all to a player like me, and also to many, many others.

Awesome, thanks! All our recent effort has been behind getting the 2014 book out (should be available next week). As soon as that's in the rear view we'll be taking another look at all the applications.

Latest posts