• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Lateral Weight Shift - Am I doing this right?

Been working on Hershyzer and Door Frame drills. I can get the feel in my rear leg and foot during the drills, but I don't think I've got it fully working in my throw yet. Also, I still am popping my front shoulder upwards during the swing causing OAT. Definitely need to keep working on the drills. On a good note, I do think my power + consistency is at least slightly increasing. I was getting my putters out an extra 10-20ft. I also sent my Teebird about 330 on my best throw, which is better than my usual max of 300ish. Here's one of my putter throws from the field work session.

You are extending your spine up during the throw. Your left shoulder is going out around horizontally like a flying hook punch, instead of coming thru inside posture / underneath vertically like an uppercut or lefty bowl with some left side bend.

7m30s

Been working on drills for now. Reading y'alls comments and insights from other threads as well as this one has been helpful in at least conceptualizing the swing better. Specifically, using gravity on a tilted plane instead of the commonly mentioned "flat" plane. Also, double dragon video was very helpful for understanding that the spine should tilt back towards the target on the backswing a little. Need to work on coiling all the muscles instead of reaching my weight over the backfoot. I think I understand better, now just to actually get my body to do those things.

Let me know how these drills look. Sorry for the awkward camera angles, my basement is full of random stuff which made it hard to find good places to set up.

Felt like I had a good day of field work today after focusing on drills. I actually felt the "heavy disc" once or twice, now I need to figure out how to replicate that :LOL: . Mostly did 1-steppers to focus on getting the feel of hershyzer, double dragon, and door frame drills. Still am having OAT issues on a handful of my throws, but it is getting a little better. Overall, discs are going farther with less effort.

I really was mostly focusing on the previously mentioned drills along with staying on my toes in an athletic stance and properly coiling my hips and shoulders instead of leaning my weight over the rear side. Obviously lots of room for improvement and muscle memory to be overridden, but I do feel like I am doing a little better in these aspects.

Really having trouble with the swing plane and tilted spiral. For some reason I keep extending my spine and leaning back like Sidewinder mentioned. Maybe I just need to throw at 50% power to override that muscle memory. Thanks everyone for your help.

Hershyzer - looks like you standing too close to wall like 6" or so, and landing too backwards on wall.

Double Dragon - over kicking and losing balance and stopping in between kicks. You want a perpetual motion back and forth without stopping.

Uppercut - looks like you finish bent over instead of standing upright in balance.

Not sure what discs you are throwing, but should be using slower understable discs that are released on hyzer.

Hershyzer - looks like you standing too close to wall like 6" or so, and landing too backwards on wall.

Double Dragon - over kicking and losing balance and stopping in between kicks. You want a perpetual motion back and forth without stopping.

Uppercut - looks like you finish bent over instead of standing upright in balance.

Not sure what discs you are throwing, but should be using slower understable discs that are released on hyzer.
I'm throwing a stack of rubber blend Lunas and a Teebird. I can leave the Teebird out for sure and add in some understable putters/mids.