• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Looking for the best 9 hole courses in the Charleston to Daytona Beach area

Mike C

* Ace Member *
Gold level trusted reviewer
Taking a trip down the SE USA coast soon. Stopping by Charleston SC, Savannah GA, and Daytona Beach FL.

I'd love to hit up some 18 hole tourney level courses but I'll be with family so I'm looking for some fun and scenic 9 hole courses along the coast I could film.

Any suggestions?

Looking for courses that aren't too far out of the way from tourist destinations, that are quick to play.

I'm not sure this is tops on the list, but I'll note that Park Circle (center of North Charleston) is listed as an 18-hole course, but it's a 9-hole loop that you go around twice, with different tees and baskets each time. Not terribly scenic but a parks course with some large trees and landscaping; it circles a large traffic circle (roundabout) with holes in the segments cut by radiating streets. You could play one 9-hole loop, or the other.

As you travel down the Southeast USA coast, there are some great options for fun and scenic 9-hole golf courses near your destinations. In Charleston, SC, I recommend Patriots Point Links, which offers beautiful views of Charleston Harbor. In Savannah, GA, Bacon Park Golf Course is a great choice with moss-draped oak trees and convenient proximity to the city's historic district.

Lastly, this seems to me subjective, but in Daytona Beach, FL, I consider you have to visit Daytona Beach Golf Club, which has two 9-hole courses and is located near the famous boardwalk:)

Why I suggested the above stuff, it's 'cause these courses don't suppose too far ways from the tourist hotspots) Have a wonderful trip!

Latest posts