• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Making Mach III sleeves

jimbosprint

Double Eagle Member
Who has had a welder make sleeves for Mach III baskets? We want to add pin placements at our local course, but want to get them for cheaper than the $25 DGA wants. Any advice is appreciated.

The club at my local course recently but in new sleeves. All we did is get metal pipe cut it to the right size. We used two different options for tabs. One we used chain and put some links into the cement and left enough out to hook to the basket. The second time we used a cnc machine to cut out the tabs. Then we welded the tabs to the sleeves and used those. Both options work great. I hope this helps.

Tell me the outside dimensions of the pipe and I can tell you what I'd make them out of. If its like Innova's 1 15/16" (1 1/2" sch 40) post, its a 2" Sch 40 galvanized for the sleeve. As was said, either a chain in crete or welded tab will work. No need to get all crazy and CNC a tab if you don't want. A punched plate or even a welded on chain link or nut would work just as well.

Thanks, this was exactly what I needed. I was wondering if 2" Sch 40 was the right size - we don't want them to be too loose or not fit. And yes, they are 1-15/16" outside diameter post. Chain for the lock seems like a good option too.