• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

My origin story...

I just began my disc golf journey. Even though I have walked a few local courses, I'm only doing fieldwork so far. Have done quite a bit of reading and YouTube viewing. I was glad to find this website and forum. However, the Chucker60 responses in this thread have cooled my urge to participate. I have seen the same thing on different forums involving other activities. Guess there's one everywhere.

Yeah man we're mostly cool, there's always trolls haha. Obviously chucker is a bolfer. Haha. Nah man participate, sit back and enjoy the idiots.

Get out and play, you are the only dude I know that's done field work before playing. You are made for this obsession! :D

Onward!

ThrowaEnvy, appreciate the reply. I know they are out there but this one really bugged me being a newbie and seeing it on my first visit to the Newbie Intros. I am a lefty and noticed you are also LHBH. It's possible you will hear more from me in the future about the finer points of living in a RHBH world!

ThrowaEnvy, appreciate the reply. I know they are out there but this one really bugged me being a newbie and seeing it on my first visit to the Newbie Intros. I am a lefty and noticed you are also LHBH. It's possible you will hear more from me in the future about the finer points of living in a RHBH world!

I've been around here since October and like all communities there is some "rocky terrain," but I've encountered far more positives than negatives.

And yeah, good on you for starting with fieldwork. There are big gains to be had out there!

Welcome!

I've been looking at different subjects and threads and agree. Lots of good info and people out there. As far as the fieldwork, thought it would be a good idea to see if the discs were going to go where I wanted them to before taking on trees, brush, weeds, etc. (Note user name--NoTrees!).

Feel like I'm making some good progress and looking forward to trying out some local courses soon. Fortunately there are a few within a 10-20 minute drive. Also, being from Pottstown I'm kind of in your neck of the woods.

Latest posts