• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

New phones at the pDGA

T.Hizzle - Agreed, but still better than Planetdisc.tv.
DiscGolfPlanet.tv has been doing it live without the benefit of editing now that more people have broadband but still not high enough bandwidth to match 720/1080 quality available on an edited YouTube upload. DiscgolfTV was able to shoot hi-res video (for its time) and edit the shows so the quality could be better but still not as good as the native digital video DGP.tv is shooting before compressed for streaming.

So 2 minute clips of an event is better than live daily coverage? I don't understand...
You and me both!! So what they upgraded a phone system!! Sounds like they needed it and sounds like my 52$ was well spent according to a previous poster.

Looks like someone else is disappointed in the pDGA and the happenings down there lately.

"I am very disappointed that the ratings were missed on the first attempt of 2012. It appears there is an illness and as bad as I feel for the one that is sick, the PDGA needs to be there to serve its members. I would think a plan B would be something to consider moving forward to avoid this happening. I am an executive director of a membership based organization and if I were to provide a time line on an update, event, or program and not meet or be early on that deadline it would not be acceptable. As a 10+ year supporter of the PDGA I am sad to have lost confidence in some of the leadership. I hope this isnt a sign of what's to come in 2012."

so post their name......they signed the statement right? So should you. It's called being credible. Otherwise people will think you pulled it out of your tailpipe.

He took it off the PDGA discussion board.

I still don't understand his obsession with bashing the PDGA. He's not even a member, so why does he give a shiz about how they spend their money or when ratings are updated. Why not rename the thread "Non-members cry about the PDGA ITT"

Personally, I see it as a testament to the PDGA that these are the best complaints PDGA-bashers can come up with. Replaced phones? Late publishing ratings? Heck, I'm a PDGA supporter and 15-year member and I'm sure I could find better.

I love the "pDGA" posts. Don't know what posters mean by that, but it's a great tip-off of the quality of argument that will follow.

*looks over at his phone on the desk and sees a piece of Sh*t that has 6 different lines... Sigh wow just noticed it says smile on the handle HA! no.

Personally, I see it as a testament to the PDGA that these are the best complaints PDGA-bashers can come up with. Replaced phones? Late publishing ratings? Heck, I'm a PDGA supporter and 15-year member and I'm sure I could find better.

I love the "pDGA" posts. Don't know what trolls mean by that, but it's a great tip-off of the quality of argument that will follow.

FTFY.

I can't remember the last time I saw a troll post a "quality" argument here on DGCR.

FWIW, this particular troll is making a lame attempt to insinuate that the PDGA is less than professional because they decided to replace their phones in an attempt to better serve their members.

This thread is like someone that's is capable of voting but did not vote complaining about elected officials. Stupid.

Latest posts