• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Recommend] Overstable Driver in Midgrade Plastic

Countchunkula

Base Plastic Don't Come Free
Gold level trusted reviewer
Premium Member
Looking for recommendations that fit the following criteria:

• Overstable
  • Speed 10 or 11
  • Available in Innova Pro or equivalent

I need a more overstable compliment to my Wraiths. I have trouble getting a good grip on most premium plastics, hence the Pro or equivalent. Innova G-star type plastic could work if I can't find a suitable disc in midgrade. Similarly, I struggle getting a solid grip on rims any wider than speed 11.

Have you tried a halo wraith? Most runs of halo seem to be a fairly grippy star.

FWIW in a batch of star and pro wraiths from innova that I think are recent production, the pro was on the slicker side and the star quite gummy. Star had better grip for me. Everyone's hands differ though, and I realize my advice is not what you are asking for.

I also have had luck with the surfwax style products (I think its grip wax or something similar) when grip is challenging due to moisture or sweat.

Czar or Invictus are possibilities.

Another option is the Gateway Spirit in suregrip, I haven't seen them run super recently but i bet you could find one.

A very funny option is the Daredevil Ogopogo. Pretty OS super floppy.

You might try a Discmania Nordic Phenom. The plastic is gummier than Star, but not as much as Gstar. Feel one in store if you can. Or if you know someone with one, or a Cloudbreaker… same plastic. Much like Royal/Grand with Trilogy.

What's the new Innova PD? If they make that in gstar, then that's the one.

I second the Halo Wraith. They are exceptionally overstable and comfortable to throw, plus you already throw them. I'm sure some are more overstable than others... I throw a Pink Halo Wraith, and it's an absolute meathook.

Maybe Innova will release the PD or DD in pro.

In the meantime, you could try the I-blend Czar like others have said. If it's still too slick, take acetone and wipe the top and bottom and let it sit. Don't wash it until the next day. I've wiped a lot of discs and have done this accidentally. This will take off most of slick feeling off, if not all.

A shaving cream bath may work. I've noticed with these types of dyes the top feels more grippy than the bottom.

If these don't work, you could look into older molds like the Starfire and get some of that sweet fingerprinty Star plastic.

Latest posts