• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Prodigy] PA-5 understable putter

jmdaire27

Double Eagle Member
Not seeing anything come out about this. Understable putter, shallow, a tiny bit wider diameter than slower putters, currently out in 300 and 400 (and 500, more sparingly). Numbers, whatever they mean to you;

3/4/-2/0.5

I don't know about others, but I actually appreciate this offering from prodigy. I have personally been on the hunt for a premium flippy putter, and this seems like it should fit the bill. A more affordable option when compared to premium Deputies (if they exist anymore) and Fierce (generally pretty costly tour series).

I haven't thrown it yet, but I got the 400. It's fairly gummy and quite grippy. Not terrible for the northern MN climate.

Need it's own thread? Idk… shrugs. Share accordingly.

I got one from the Prodigy guys at a tournament, very nice flying shallow putter and in the 300 plastic very grippy. In profile it's very like the Westside Swan, but maybe even a bit shallower. Very nice feeling and super straight at low power.

I got one from the Prodigy guys at a tournament, very nice flying shallow putter and in the 300 plastic very grippy. In profile it's very like the Westside Swan, but maybe even a bit shallower. Very nice feeling and super straight at low power.

I was about to start a thread on, Slow/premium/understable. Would this be a good candidate? Sometimes my mids are just too fast, and I don't want to fool with base plastic for this.

I was about to start a thread on, Slow/premium/understable. Would this be a good candidate? Sometimes my mids are just too fast, and I don't want to fool with base plastic for this.

I think so! If you like a shallower feel it's really good. Another understable putter that I've liked in premium plastic in the Lonestar Penny, it's a little deeper but they have it in three premium plastics and it flies well also.

I have one that immediately made the bag. I've used the fierce for about a year and i finally gave up on it--the shoulder is rounded which didn't feel comfortable for me. Despite similar measurements, the shape of the PA5's rim is much more comfortable--it feels much shallower. Maybe it's the larger diameter.

I never really flip my putters, but can report easy flips, finishes right when flat, and solid turnovers. I think the 4 glide is perfect for it too. I was happy to see that it was the more traditional 400 and not the new China 400/proflex (which I like but was hoping for something grippier).

All in all, I can't say enough nice things about this disc.

fierce
Max Weight: 175.1gr
Diameter: 21.1cm
Height: 1.9cm
Rim Depth: 1.5cm
Rim Thickness: 1.0cm
Inside Rim Diameter: 19.0cm
Rim Depth / Diameter Ratio: 7.1%
Rim Configuration: 63.50
Flexibility: 10.45kg

pa5
Max Weight: 177.6gr
Diameter: 21.4cm
Height: 1.9cm
Rim Depth: 1.4cm
Rim Thickness: 0.9cm
Inside Rim Diameter: 19.5cm
Rim Depth / Diameter Ratio: 6.5%
Rim Configuration: 58.25
Flexibility: 6.36kg

When I got this I felt up a metal flake fierce when I was at gggt. It was Definitely more bulky, and deeper. That 1.9 height on the fierce looks like a lie to me, I think it is pretty tall, definitely taller than the pa5.

Think I'll dig the Zone/Reko/PA-5 setup for throwers.

Got one to try out… feels better in hand than the pa4 for me so I'll probably keep it around.

I really like my US putter so i might try this one. .

which disc is it closest to in feel and flight? Fierce, Deputy, Magic, Shaman, Mirage, Spin, Tui?

Of those the Deputy is closest, the Swan 2 is also very close. I think it's a tiny bit shallower than those though.

Feel is good, flight is nice and US. If I didn't love my trusty old beat PA4 so much it would make the bag- maybe once trusty is gone.

I have a Big Z Fierce & really like it. But ..... the Discraft engraving under the rim is enough sometimes to get me looking at something else. Might get a PA5 & see how it is. I can throw the Fierce really hard on a hyzer & it won't flip. Just laser straight. PA5 similar in 400/500? I wouldn't want it if it's real squirrelly like the Sol.

I have a Big Z Fierce & really like it. But ..... the Discraft engraving under the rim is enough sometimes to get me looking at something else. Might get a PA5 & see how it is. I can throw the Fierce really hard on a hyzer & it won't flip. Just laser straight. PA5 similar in 400/500? I wouldn't want it if it's real squirrelly like the Sol.

It flips pretty easily in 400. I'd almost compare it to an ESP/Ace Race Sol if you've tried one of those. I love it but probably not the disc you're looking for.