• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Discmania] Paradigm

Twmccoy

* Ace Member *
Anyone seen or thrown the Paradigm? Seems to be a new driver from Discmania. The Paradigm is a newer Swedish model, rather than an older Innova one.

Neo plastic, which seems to be a star/champion type blend. Disc is 173g, and has a good dome.

The Paradigm is rated 12, 6, -1.5, 2, which is very close to Discmania's Enigma (12, 5, -1, 2.

The Paradigm has a noticeably narrower rim and overall shape than the Enigma. The Paradigm's rim is blunt, while the Enigma's rim is sharper.

I'll just come right out and say that I liked the Paradigm a lot. After turning it over hard a couple times initially I figured out that it's actually a really good hyzerflip disc. Thrown full power hyzer the Paradigm pops up flat quickly and will drift right a hair before straightening out for a long, glidey flight. The Paradigm produces consistently accurate shots for being somewhat understable. It isn't overly finicky/touchy. Top distance was mabye a hair over 450', which surprised me. The Paradigm, despite not being overly fast, will produce "big boy" distance when you lean on it just right. This thing was going as far as my other, faster drivers fairly easily.

Conclusions: The Paradigm is unexpectedly good. It flies pretty true to the flight numbers, though I'd make it speed 11 rather than 12. You definitely notice a slight speed decrease with the Paradigm versus an Enigma. The Paradigm is somewhat understable, and will flip entirely if you throw it hard and flat. I found that a hyzer release produced very good results. I was able to give it full power hyzer without worrying about the disc dive bombing right too badly. Fade is very late and subtle. The Paradigm is in no hurry to come down. The Paradigm seems comparable to things like a Surge SS, Grace, Archon, etc. It's simply a neutral flying 11 speed driver with great glide.

Would I bag this disc? Actually, yes. I'm not really a speed 11 thrower, but the the Paradigm impressed me. Long, straight shots off the tee with minimal late fade. The Paradigm will fly just as far as much faster drivers.

Paradigm: 11, 6, -1.5, 2. Discmania got the numbers right on this one. Maybe even -2 on high speed turn, but the Paradigm isn't super flippy. The 6 glide is noticeable, as is the late, mellow fade. Both of those combine to make the Paradigm a surprisingly long driver for its speed. I guess the only negative thing I'd say about the Paradigm is that it's almost exactly like the Enigma in terms of overall flight. There isn't much to differentiate the two.

We've talked about it in the Discmania thread. I have three Paradigm and throw them occasionally. I don't have big boy power, so they're just regular 11 speed drivers for me with a bit of turn and fade. They do hold turnovers better than the Creator Cloudbreakers and DD1.

I understand they have a 12 printed on the disc, but agree it's an 11. Wraith lovers should for sure have a look.

In the DM lineup, I prefer the premium Mentor as my flip up and turn driver. I hope the Paradigm makes it to where my Mentor is now.

Last edited: